To Report an Absence or Tardy, call 994-4327.
When reporting an absence please include the following information:
- Student's full name (spell out the last name)
- Student's ID number
- Symptoms if absent for illness
- Exact time and day of absence(s)
All members of the
Huron High School community are responsible for making attendance
procedures work effectively. The Attendance Policy supports teaching and
learning through continuity in the classroom.
The procedure for
excusing a student’s absence requires that parents/guardians must notify
the Attendance Office within 24 hours of the day that the student is
absent. A phone call is required to excuse a student’s absence. NOTES
WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The Student's Duty is to:
For the current Attendance and Tardy policies, please see the Huron Guide for Students and Parents.
- Be in the classroom when the second bell rings.
- Make arrangements with their teacher to make up work upon return from an excused absence.
- Know their attendance record.
all classes unless excused by a parent or guardian, are excused by a
school-sponsored activity (e.g., AWAY athletic game)
- Inform their teacher of the excused absence ahead of time, and complete assignments beforehand, if possible.
- Complete and submit a Pre-Planned Absence Form to their grade level principal for extended absences, for approval.