From the Principal’s Desk – Dr. Janet Schwamb
Huron’s News for the Week of 4/16/17
- Both Huron News and our school letterhead have a new look to incorporate the IB logo, since Huron is an IB Work School (Diploma Programme).
- Monday, 4/16/17- Senior Graduation Announcements Pick-up in the Media Center Lobby 10:30 -11:54AM.
- Monday, 4/16/17- Chipotle Fundraiser 4:00-8:00 PM for Women’s Soccer.
- Orientation and pre-bubbling will take place on Tuesday, April 18, throughout the day in Meyers Auditorium. All students who registered for an AP test must report at the designated time to Meyers Auditorium to complete this Orientation. The process should take 20 minutes, providing students arrive promptly. We will make announcements, but you can refer to the schedule if you have any questions. Please report to Meyers Auditorium according to the following schedule:
1st hour: Meyers Auditorium Last Names A - D
2nd hour: Meyers Auditorium Last Names E - J
3rd hour: Meyers Auditorium Last Names K - M
4th hour: Meyers Auditorium Last Names N – R
5th hour: Meyers Auditorium Last Name S - T
6th hour: Meyers Auditorium Last Names U - Z
- Please join Superintendent Jeanice Swift for an information meeting and Q and A session on the Sinking Fund Millage on:
Tuesday, 4/18 at Scarlett Middle School at 6:30 PM
Thursday, 4/20 at Forsythe Middle School at 6:30 PM
Tuesday, 4/25 at Clague Middle School at 6:30 PM
Thursday, 4/27 at Slauson Middle School at 6:30PM
- Huron Players presents Lend Me a Tenor - 4/21, 4/22, 4/28, and 4/29 in Huron's New Theater @ 7:30 PM. $6 Student/Staff/Seniors, $8 General Admission.
- Saturday, 4/22/17 - 8:00 AM – 4:00PM -TEDxYouth@AnnArbor 2017 at Skyline HS.
- In 2016 UMTRI and Toyota announced an incentive program that would provide funding to the AAPS schools that generated the greatest number of participants in the Ann Arbor Connected Vehicle Test Environment (AACVTE); specifically, to support enrichment opportunities in science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM). I am pleased to let you know that Huron High School is among the top performers! $5,000 will be awarded to Huron High School PTSO. Thank you to all the participants and congratulation to the PTSO
Have a wonderful week!