Mitchell-Scarlett is a K-8 campus that draws upon the power of a diverse local and global community to support the development of inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who contribute to the formation of a more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
- High academic standards
- Innovative curriculum and instruction
- Meaningful assessments
Our collaborative community inspires students' growth as they become reflective life-long learners.
MITCHELL-SCARLETT TEACHING AND LEARNING COLLABORATIVE PARTNERSHIP:
The Mitchell-Scarlett Teaching and Learning Collaborative (MSTLC) is an ongoing partnership with the University of Michigan School of Education that actively endorses the Mitchell-Scarlett mission and works toward fulfilling it.
Primary initiatives of the MSTLC partnership include mutually beneficial activities that ultimately support students' learning, through reflective professional development opportunities for new and experienced teachers, school leaders and faculty members.
These initiatives include, but are not limited to...
- coordination and support for extended day and extended year activities;
- opportunities for beginning teachers and experienced teachers to engage with one another in meaningful reflective teaching practices;
- coordinated outreach efforts that involve partnering with families;
- professional development opportunities for teachers in particular content-areas.