Click here for a printable version of this information.
The enrollment process must be completed by a parent or legal guardian.
Students must be five (5) years old by September 1 and less than twenty (20) years old on September 1 for the enrolling school year.
Required Documents to be presented to the school secretary upon completion of the enrollment process:
- Original birth certificate (with raised seal), student passport or Visa
- Official immunization records
- Kindergarten Enrollment: Health Appraisal/Vision Screening
- Address of the school your student last attended
- Certified copies of court orders or placement papers, if applicable (i.e., Appointment of Legal Guardianship, Divorce Decree, etc.)
- Driver’s license of Parent/Legal Guardian, Passport or Visa
- Proof of residency
The following documents are required to prove residency:
- Homeowner: Purchase agreement, closing papers or deed
- Renter: Current lease/rental agreement
- Property tax statement
- Two (2) different current utility bills: •Gas • Electric •Cable TV •Land line phone bill with the name and AAPS District address of the person enrolling the student or written start up confirmation from company
- Moving company invoice or truck rental receipt validating address in district
- In addition, report cards and/or transcripts are helpful when enrolling a student.
Additional forms may be required at the building level.
Requirements for Non-traditional Living Arrangements (if applicable):
- Notarized Affidavit of Residency
- Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
- Notarized Statement of Guardian