AFTER SCHOOL ACTIVITIES & CLUBS
The Following are clubs that have been offered in the past and MAY be offered this year. A finalized list of clubs will be posted after school is in session.
Clubs are set up during academic quarters (some clubs may run for one quarter, others may run for the entire school year.)
All clubs are based on student interest and staff availability.
To sign up for a club, the student must go to the first club meeting. At this meeting the students will receive an information sheet regarding the club and an emergency form to return to the club sponsor.
All Club participants are subject to the Co-Curricular athletic participation and academic eligibility rules.
If you have questions, or would like to volunteer your time, or have an idea regarding a Forsythe Club, please contact Ms. Weid at firstname.lastname@example.org , 994-1985 ext. 32412.
- Anime Club
- Ms. Seyam's Room (Rm 412)
- Ms. Seyam & Mrs. Baughn
- Do you like watching anime? Reading manga? Doing CosPlay? Come join the Anime Club and share your love of anime.
- Garden Club
- Ms. Kinter's Room (Rm 512)
- Ms. Kinter
- Garden Club welcomes all students interested in nature and living “green.” No experience or knowledge is necessary.
- GSA Club
- The first and third Tuesday of every month. 3:10-4:15 p.m
- Ms. Gould's Room (Rm 501)
- Ms. Gould
- The GSA (Gender and Sexualities Alliance) is an after school club that welcomes all students and is designed to create a safe space for the LGBQT community and their allies. The club strives to help students develop positive relationships between peers and work toward creating a more inclusive environment at Forsythe.
- Homework Center
- Tuesday & Thursday
- Media Center
- Students can stay after school in a supervised environment to work on their assignments. This club meets Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Media Center and will allow students to use school resources such as computers, reference materials, etc.
- Kindness Club
- Mrs. Klein's Room (Rm 111)
- Mrs. Klein
- This club runs all year long but you do not have to commit to every meeting. Just join us on the days your schedule permits. The Friends of Rachel Club can be found in more than 1,000 schools across the country. We’re starting a chain reaction of kindness and compassion in Forsythe. Our goal is for Forsythe to be a welcoming, accepting and fun place to be.
- Music Practice
- Band Room (Rm 103)
- Mr. Kocher
- This club is available to all school musicians for enrichment and support. Students practice individually, get coaching, play in small groups, and learn music beyond what is covered in class. Socializing is encouraged as long as students are engaged in music work.
- Robotics Club
- Weekday meeting TBD Saturday mornings from 9 am until noon
- Tech Ed Rm. (Rm 113)
- Mr. Centivany
- FTC Robotics will hold an evening orientation on Wed. 9/27 from 6-7:00 p.m. We will cover meeting times and locations, goals and roles for the team, and what a typical year in robotics is all about. Students and parents should attend the evening orientation, but it is not mandatory.
- Thinking Cap Club (formerly KMO Club)
- Ms. Snapke's room (Rm 513)
- Mr. Shaw
- Open to all Forsythe students. The club is for students who love to learn and who like academic competition. In this club, we practice answering questions about all the subject areas, rapidly and accurately, using KMO and Thinking Cap software. We compete against many other schools twice a year, regionally in November and nationally in April, in Thinking Cap Quiz Bowls, in the 6th grade division and the 7-8th grade division. We compete at Forsythe during the school day.
- Ms. Butler's room (Rm 601)
- Ms. Butler
- This is an opportunity for students to build the yearbook during the school year. Students will gain experience in graphic design, photography, and the elements of journalism. There is an application process for participation in this club.