Slauson Middle School PTSO
The Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) is where parents, teachers, and students come together to enrich Slauson. The PTSO funds and organizes activities and resources beyond the district's budget, discusses and advocates for issues that affect education at Slauson, and promotes a positive climate throughout the school.
All Slauson teachers, students, and parents/guardians of children currently attending Slauson are automatically members, and are encouraged to attend meetings and participate.
Slauson PTSO spends about $35,000 a year to provide the service level it does today, which comes out to about $50 per family. Therefore, each family is asked to contribute a membership donation of $50 if they are able, and/or help out with the PTSO's various fundraisers including grocery scrip as well as our Fall magazine and Spring flower sales. The more financial support, the more PTSO can fund, including...
- Equipment/supplies requested by teachers, coaches, and club organizers
- Class trips and outings
- Assemblies and guest speakers
- Family Fun Nights - evenings of pizza, swimming, basketball, volleyball, floor hockey, and dancing
- Slauson T-shirts for all students
- Student Spirit Honors and Awards
- Hospitality and Staff Appreciation
The vitality of the Slauson PTSO depends on volunteers! The PTSO distributes
volunteer forms at the beginning of the year to be returned to your
student's advisory teacher or you may contact the PTSO any time. Here are some of the ways you can help...
- Recruit parent volunteers to assist with student organizations and clubs
- Publish and distribute the Student Directory
- Support parent-led after school activities
- Form committees for hospitality, school beautification, and/or other initiatives
- Organize fundraisers such as grocery scrip (all-year), the magazine sale (Fall) or the flower sale (Spring)
- Help plan end-of-year activities (e.g. picnics, Rolling Hills trip, 8th grade graduation party)
- Organize teacher appreciation
- Volunteer at Slauson events (look for sign-up genius forms in school updates)