- Registration Begins on Monday, September 23, 2019 at 8am
- Registration Ends on Monday, October 28, 2019 at 7pm
- There will be no late registration and there will be no exceptions granted.
- Exams not paid for in full by November 1, 2019 at 7pm will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered
- If your AP class does not begin until after November 15, 2019, your teacher will communicate alternative deadlines to you. Most AP classes will begin before November 15th.
Cost: $130.00 per exam for enrolled AAPS students ($60 is non-refundable).Refund/cancellation policy:
- Cancellations received by October 28, 2019 will receive a full refund minus a $10 processing fee.
- Cancellations received between November 1, 2019 and February 1, 2020 will receive a $70 refund.
- Cancellations received after February 1, 2020 will not receive any refund
The College Board has provided teachers and students many new tools and resources to help improve performance. The College Board has paired a new registration system with these tools to streamline the district’s ordering process.
These changes will alter the registration process so carefully read the steps below. In order to register to take AP exams this year, you must do the following:
- Sign up for a College Board Account.
- Join your teacher’s class on AP Classroom (Ask your teacher for the join code).
- Indicate whether or not you will be taking the AP exam for your class(es) in your AP Classroom.
- Pay for the exam(s) you will be taking on My Payments Plus.
Because of our move to My Payments Plus, we are able to offer a more flexible, partial payment option. You can sign up and pay the $60 deposit for each exam at the time of your registration. You will then have until November 1, 2019 at 7pm to pay the remainder of your balance. Any exam not fully paid for at this time will not be ordered.
We do not want financial barriers to prevent students from taking exams. If payment for AP exams is causing a significant burden, reach out to the AP Coordinator, Brian Sarnacki, at email@example.com and a payment plan or alternative arrangements may be able to be arranged.
Avoid Common Mistakes
- Student’s legal name (no nicknames) should be used
Sometimes the parent has filled out the registration and used his/her name instead of the student’s name.
- Selecting the correct test
Test orders are based on the registration; therefore, any mistakes made by the student or parent may result in not having a test available for the student, so be sure to select the correct test when registering.
- English Language vs. English Literature
- Computer Science A vs. Computer Science Principles
- Calculus AB vs. Calculus BC
- Students eligible for accommodations
When completing the registration, you are asked if you are eligible for College Board accommodations. A student should only answer “yes” if he/she has been officially approved for accommodations. Just because a student receives any accommodations at school does not mean he will automatically receive accommodations for AP testing. To use accommodations on AP exams, students must request and receive approval for accommodations from College Board Services for Students with Disabilities (SSD) before testing. The deadline for submitting accommodations requests is November 22, 2019. Parents should begin that process with the student’s teacher consultant and/or counselor early in the school year, so that there are no delays or problems and so that we can plan for additional testing space and proctors that may be needed.
- Students requesting fee waivers
When answering this question on the registration form, only answer “yes” if you qualify and have been approved for free or reduced lunch.
- Sending scores to a college
Check with potential colleges to know their policies regarding AP credit. Many times students find out the college does not give AP credit, and they end up losing money. This information should be investigated before even registering for a test.
Keep an eye out for the following documents that will be sent to registered students in the future:
- 2019 Test Day Reminders
- 2019 AP Testing Schedule
- Directions to EMU Student Center
It is up to students and parents to carefully review all that information and print a copy if needed. The student is still responsible for any information we have posted.
If you have further questions please consult our frequently asked questions document.