Rec & Ed Softball Leagues
To help managers figure out which Softball league to sign up for, here is some information about the level and format of each of our leagues:
CO-REC SOFTBALL LEAGUE DEFINITIONS:
- All Corec leagues except "7 & 3" use 5 men and 5 women lineups.
- Municipal and Federal are the Co-Rec Leagues with the highest level of competition
- Community and City Leagues constitute the middle level of competition
- Recreation and County are the easiest/entry level of competition
- Corec "Power 7 & 3" is a league featuring 7 men and 3 women. This league is open to any team that wishes to play "7 & 3".
CO-REC LEAGUE FORMATS:
- DOUBLEHEADER LEAGUES: Federal, City, and County leagues. These leagues play 20-game seasons.
- SINGLEHEADER LEAGUES: 7 & 3, Municipal, Community, and Recreation leagues play 10-game seasons.
MEN'S SOFTBALL LEAGUE DEFINITIONS:
- AMERICAN is the highest level of play, and is very competitive.
- FEDERAL / MUNICIPAL is an advanced level of play for experienced teams and players. Many teams have played together for years.
- COMMUNITY / CITY constitute the middle level of competition, and includes many teams with experienced players of all ages.
- RECREATION / County is the easiest, entry-level of play. Teams may be a mix of experienced and inexperienced players, or the team may be new to playing organized league softball.
MEN'S LEAGUE FORMATS:
- DOUBLEHEADER LEAGUES: American, Federal, City, and County leagues play 20-game seasons.
- SINGLEHEADER LEAGUES: Municipal, Community, and Recreation leagues play 10-game seasons.
SENIOR MEN'S LEAGUE ("50 & OVER"): Teams may have 1 or 2 players between the ages of 45 and 50, but the rest of the team must be 50 or older. Women MAY play in the 50 & over league. Teams play a 10 game season.
WOMEN'S SOFTBALL LEAGUE DEFINITIONS:
- COMPETITIVE (Thursdays) is the highest level, with teams of very experienced and athletic softball players.
- RECREATION (Tuesdays) is the easiest, entry-level of play. Teams may be a mix of experienced and less experienced players, or the whole team may be new to organized softball.
WOMEN'S LEAGUE FORMATS: All women's teams play Singleheaders / 10 game seasons.
Don't have a full team? If your team needs a few more players or if you are an individual looking to join a team, contact the League Director and ask about the "Free Agent" List! You can reach the league director, Karen, at firstname.lastname@example.org.