Cultural Exchange Programs for International Students (J-1 visa)
**Please note that all J-1 students must be approved and show proof of vaccination for the State of Michigan required vaccines and COVID-19 prior to starting school in the fall by August 1st for the upcoming school year.
AAPS partners with a number of cultural exchange organizations to facilitate one-year educational exchanges at the high school level for international students on a J-1 visa. Exchange organizations must be fully listed members of CSIET and authorized by the Department of State. The exchange organizations facilitate the application and visa process, place students with local host families, enroll students at one of our high schools, and provide orientation and ongoing support for students throughout their stay.
Below is a sampling of recent J1 Programs working with AAPS to welcome cultural exchange students from around the world (listed in alphabetical order -- as of 04/23/2023):
- ACES (American Cultural Exchange Service) - http://www.exploretheworld.org/
- AFS-USA, Inc. (American Field Services) - http://afsusa.org/
- AnBEducation - https://www.anbeducation.com/
- Aspect Foundation - http://www.aspectfoundation.org/
- ASSE (American Scandinavian Student Exchange) - http://www.asse.com/
- AYA/AIFS (Foundation/Academic Year in America) - http://www.academicyear.org/
- Ayusa International - http://www.ayusa.org
- CETUSA (Council for Educational Travel USA) - http://www.cetusa.org/
- CIEEE (Council on International Education Exchange) - http://www.ciee.org/
- Cultural Homestay International - http://www.chinet.org/
- EF High School Exchange Year - https://efexchangeyear.org/
- ERDT/SHARE (Educational Resource Development Trust) - http://www.erdtshare.org/
- ETC (Education, Travel and Culture) - https://edutrav.org/
- FLAG (Foreign Links Around the Globe) - https://flag-intl.org/
- GAPP (German-American Partnership Program, Inc - http://www.goethe.de/gapp
- Greenheart Exchange - http://www.greenheart.org/
- ICES (International Cultural Exchange Services) - https://www.icesusa.org/
- iE (international Exchange) - http://www.ie-usa.org/
- ISE (International Student Exchange) - https://iseusa.org/
- NWSE (NorthWest Student Exchange) - http://nwse.com/
- PAX (Program of Academic Exchange and the Laurasian Institute) - http://www.pax.org/
- PSE (Private & Public School F-1 Exchange) - http://www.pse-edu.org
- World Heritage International Student Exchange Programs -
- YFU - Youth for Understanding USA - http://www.yfuusa.org/
- Full CSIET program listing - https://www.csiet.org/j1-advisory-list/
For Potential Students/Families: Please contact exchange programs directly. Programs will contact the district for enrollment approval after placement with a host family living within our attendance area.
For J1 Exchange Program Providers: To place cultural exchange students (J-1 visas) at AAPS, local coordinators from approved programs should send full student packets and acceptance forms to email@example.com. Please do not contact the schools directly for approval.