Cultural Exchange Programs for International Students (J-1 visa)
AAPS partners with a number of cultural exchange organizations to facilitate one-year educational exchanges at the high school level for international students on a J-1 visa. Exchange organizations must be fully listed members of CSIET and authorized by the Department of State. The exchange organizations facilitate the application and visa process, place students with local host families, enroll students at one of our high schools, and provide orientation and ongoing support for students throughout their stay.
During the 2018-19 school year, AAPS welcomed over 40 cultural exchange students from:
- AFS Intercultural Programs - https://www.afsusa.org/host-family/
- ASSE - https://asse.com/home/
- AYA (Academic Year in America)/AIFS - https://www.academicyear.org/
- CIEE - https://www.ciee.org/in-the-usa/academics/high-school-usa/about-high-school-usa
- FLAG (Foreign Links Around the Globe) - https://flag-intl.org/
- ISE - International Student Exchange - https://www.iseusa.org/
- Greenheart - https://greenheartexchange.org/
- PAX - https://www.pax.org/about
- Rotary International - https://www.rotary.org/en/our-programs/youth-exchanges
- YFU - Youth for Understanding - https://host.yfu.org/
If your organization would like to be approved to place exchange students at AAPS, please contact Jennifer Nemecek at email@example.com or phone + 1 734 548 5884.
To place cultural exchange students (J-1 visa) at AAPS, local coordinators from approved programs should contact the high school office and Jennifer Nemecek firstname.lastname@example.org