Cultural Exchange Programs for International Students (J-1 visa)
AAPS partners with a number of cultural exchange organizations to facilitate one-year educational exchanges at the high school level for international students on a J-1 visa. Exchange organizations must be fully listed members of CSIET and authorized by the Department of State. The exchange organizations facilitate the application and visa process, place students with local host families, enroll students at one of our high schools, and provide orientation and ongoing support for students throughout their stay.
Below is a sampling of recent J1 Programs working with AAPS to welcome cultural exchange students from around the world:
- AFS Intercultural Programs - https://www.afsusa.org/host-family/
- ASSE - https://asse.com/home/
- AYA (Academic Year in America)/AIFS - https://www.academicyear.org/
- CIEE - https://www.ciee.org/in-the-usa/academics/high-school-usa/about-high-school-usa
- FLAG (Foreign Links Around the Globe) - https://flag-intl.org/ (F1 & J1 Program)
- Greenheart - https://greenheartexchange.org/ (F1 & J1 Program)
- ISE - International Student Exchange - https://www.iseusa.org/
- PAX - https://www.pax.org/about
- Rotary International - https://www.rotary.org/en/our-programs/youth-exchanges
- STS (Student Management Foundation) - https://www.stsfoundation.org/ (F1 & J1 Program)
- YFU - Youth for Understanding - https://host.yfu.org/ (F1 & J1 Program)
For J1 Program Providers: To place cultural exchange students (J-1 visa) at AAPS, local coordinators from approved programs should contact the high school office directly and Jennifer Nemecek email@example.com
If you offer a J1 program and want to check the current status of your program or want to become an approved partner with AAPS, please contact Jennifer Nemecek at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone + 1 734 548 5884.