MYP Subject Area 6: The Arts
Huron Courses: Art and Design (IB711011), Varsity Band(IB752012,IB752011), Cantare (IB754010) and Cantando (IB7540120) Choir, Philharmonia Orchestra (IB753010)
The aims of all MYP subjects state what a teacher may expect to teach and what a student may expect to experience and learn. These aims suggest how the student may be changed by the learning experience.
The aims of MYP arts are to encourage and enable students to:
● create and present art
● develop skills specific to the discipline
● engage in a process of creative exploration and (self-)discovery
● make purposeful connections between investigation and practice
● understand the relationship between art and its contexts
● respond to and reflect on art
● deepen their understanding of the world.