MYP Subject Area 7: Physical Education and Health
Huron Courses: Personal Fitness I (IB811011,IB811013,IB811021), Health and Wellness (IB851011)
The aims of all MYP subjects state what a teacher may expect to teach and what a student may expect to experience and learn. These aims suggest how the student may be changed by the learning experience.
The aims of MYP physical and health education are to encourage and enable students to:
● use inquiry to explore physical and health education concepts
● participate effectively in a variety of contexts
● understand the value of physical activity
● achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle
● collaborate and communicate effectively
● build positive relationships and demonstrate social responsibility
● reflect on their learning experiences.