MYP Subject Area 8: Design
Huron Courses: PLTW: Introduction to Engineering (IB671011), Computer Applications I (IB614021), Computer Applications II (IB614022)
The aims of all MYP subjects state what a teacher may expect to teach and what a student may expect to experience and learn. These aims suggest how the student may be changed by the learning experience.
The aims of MYP design are to encourage and enable students to:
● enjoy the design process, develop an appreciation of its elegance and power
● develop knowledge, understanding and skills from different disciplines to design and create solutions to problems using the design cycle
● use and apply technology effectively as a means to access, process and communicate information, model and create solutions, and to solve problems
● develop an appreciation of the impact of design innovations for life, global society and environments
● appreciate past, present and emerging design within cultural, political, social, historical and environmental contexts
● develop respect for others’ viewpoints and appreciate alternative solutions to problems
● act with integrity and honesty, and take responsibility for their own actions developing effective working practices.