What is on the November 5, 2019 ballot?
On November 5, 2019, voters in the Ann Arbor Public School District will be asked to consider a bond proposal to upgrade school facilities and sites, enhance existing building security, and provide upgraded and sustainable learning environments throughout our district. The bond program scope is based on a comprehensive facilities assessment conducted by independent architects and engineers to assess the improvements necessary to achieve the district’s goals and to keep our facilities in at least good condition.
The bond proposal includes:
- safety and security improvements
- improvements to classrooms, laboratories, kitchens, performing and fine arts and pool facilities
- solar, geothermal and other renewable energy improvements
- furnishings and equipment
- school buses and musical instruments
- instructional technology equipment
- site upgrades, including school gardens, athletic fields, athletic support facilities, playgrounds and parking