Project Healthy Schools (PHS)
It's a program for sixth graders designed to increase physical activity and healthier food choices . . . to begin now and last a lifetime. Sixth grade students participate in 10 weeks of activities during advisory, special physical education activity days, and a food and fitness tracker with individual and classroom winners. The entire school benefits from healthier food choices in the cafeteria, having a school health team that sets and achieves goals each school year and other activities.
Project Healthy Schools' goals are:
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Make better beverage choices - drink lowfat milk, water and 100% juice
- Include at least 150 minutes of physical activity each week
- Eat less fast and fatty food
- Spend less time in front of the TV, computer (unless you are doing schoolwork), all screens.