The Mentor/Mentee program is the result of a partnership amongst members of the instructional team: Elementary, Secondary, SISS, and Special Subjects. Our primary goal is to support professional learning for educators new to Ann Arbor in order to impact classroom instruction and student learning. Mentor-mentee pairs will attend two 1.5-hour PD sessions together. Notice in the 19-20 Catalog of Professional Learning that we offer a variety of opportunities through various platforms. The sessions are learner-centered and engineered to support growth in targeted areas through the lens of the Danielson Framework and Equity.
- Mentor Meeting Slides October 23, 2019
- New Goals Submitted Once During the Year
- Mentor and Mentee pair attend two 1.5-hour sessions together
- You are invited to select any of the #mentor sessions in the 19-20 Catalog of Professional Learning, but note that sessions are designed for level, content, and year in the mentor-mentee program. Please check back as sessions are added or updated during the year.
- Contact Log Submitted Twice (end of each term)
- Contact Log
Year 1 Teacher: 10 hours per year; $500 paid per semester
Year 2 Teacher: 7 hours per year; $250 paid per semester
Year 3 Teacher: 4 hours per year; $125 paid per semester
- Contact Log
Submit forms to Aileen Samson, email@example.com
- AAPS Guide to PD
- How to Be (or Find) a Truly Great Teaching Mentor, WeAreTeachers Staff
- How Teachers Lead Teachers, Jason Margolis for Educational Leadership, ASCD
- Rethinking Classroom Observation, Emily Dolci Grimm, Trent Kaufman & Dave Doty
Certification & MOECS
- Enter PD at the end of each school year in to MOECS
- Enter both 34 hours of DPPD & new teacher PD
- There is a form for your administrator to sign as a cover to your list of DPPD sessions. Maintain the log of New Teacher PD and submit to principal.
- It is important that teachers know the specific requirements for their certificate, as they vary for different certificates. For questions regarding certificates teachers should contact MDE or the HR department.