Summer 2023 No Cost Options – Retaking a Credit/No Credit Course
June 26 - July 28, 2023
This option is for a student that wants to retake one high school credit course for which they did not earn credit during the 2022-2023 school year.
- This option is for a student that received a grade of E, NC or W for a high school credit class. The course must have been taken during the 2022-2023 school year to be eligible for no cost. Courses that do not meet this requirement can be taken through our reduced cost option.
- AAPS students may choose up to one online class during the summer term at no cost. The courses could have been taken in-building or online.
- All class(es) taken during the summer term will earn both credit and a grade. There are no extensions or incompletes during the summer term. There is a drop period for A2 Virtual courses that ends June 30, 2023. Michigan Virtual courses must be dropped within 5 days of starting the course. Please note that withdrawals will not be accepted except in new extenuating circumstances. Once the drop period has passed, a grade will be earned for the course. Students need to be committed to learning and not take a course to “try it out”.
- The A2 Virtual summer term is 5 weeks long. We recommend taking only one online class during the summer term. Each online course is considered to average 80-110 hours depending on the student. We equate that to an average of 15-20 hours per week. Students taking two courses will be committing to 30-40 hours a week. In addition, students taking two courses will be required to stack the courses which means that students work on one course at a time. The first course would need to be completed by July 12, 2023 in order for the student to be allowed to take the second course. There are no extensions nor are there incompletes during the summer term.
June 26th - July 28th
- English 9A/9B - APEX and Edgenuity
- English 10A/10B - APEX and Edgenuity
- English 11A/11B - Edgenuity
- English 12A/12B - Edgenuity
- American Literature A/B - APEX
- British Literature A/B - APEX
- Creative Writing - APEX
- Media Literacy - APEX
- Algebra 1A/1B - ALEKS and Edgenuity
- Geometry A/B - ALEKS and Edgenuity
- Algebra 2A/2B - ALEKS and Edgenuity
- Pre-Calculus A/B - ALEKS
- Financial Math A/B - Edgenuity
- Math Models and Applications A/B - Edgenuity
- Biology A/B - APEX and Edgenuity
- Chemistry I - Edgenuity
- Earth Science A/B - APEX
- Earth Science: History, Systems, and Sustainability - APEX
- Physics I - Edgenuity
- Economics - APEX and Edgenuity
- Government - APEX and Edgenuity
- U.S. History A/B - APEX and Edgenuity
- World History A/B - APEX and Edgenuity
Health and Personal Fitness
- Health Education - APEX and Edgenuity
- Personal Fitness - APEX
- Personal Fitness is full.
- History of the Holocaust - Edgenuity
- Strategies for Academic Success - Edgenuity
- Psychology A/B - Edgenuity
- Sociology A/B - Edgenuity
May 20st - July 28th
The last day to enroll in Michigan Virtual courses is June 30th.
American Sign Language 1 A/B
American Sign Language 2 A/B
French 1 A/B
French 2 A/B
French 3 A/B
German 1 A/B
German 2 A/B
Japanese 1 A/B
Japanese 2 A/B
Latin 1 A/B
Latin 2 A/B
Spanish 1 A/B
Spanish 2 A/B
Spanish 3 A/B
Spanish 4 A/B