COVID-19 Update June 11th
AAPS COVID-19 Update
Hello AAPS Students and Staff, Parents and Community,
Before we begin today’s update, the Ann Arbor Public Schools would like to honor and recognize our graduating seniors in the Class of 2020. While the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the course of their senior year, over the coming days, we are proud to celebrate the graduates of the Class of 2020 in the Ann Arbor Public Schools.
- Community High School - Friday, June 12th
- Pathways to Success Academic Campus - Monday, June 15th
- Skyline High School - Tuesday, June 16th
- Huron High School - Wednesday, June 17th
- Pioneer High School - Thursday, June 18th
Each virtual Commencement Ceremony will begin at 7 PM with a countdown starting at 6:45 PM and can be viewed via the links provided above or on CTN Channel 18.
Today’s update includes information on:
- AAPS Food Service
- Preparing for the 2020-21 School Year
- AAPS Parent and Student Surveys
- Rec & Ed Summer Camps
- Rec & Ed Summer Classes for Adults and Youth
AAPS Food Service
Tomorrow, Friday, June 12th, is the next planned food distribution with meals provided for Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. If you have food allergy needs or cannot make it to a pick-up location, please call 734-994-2265. Full details on the AAPS Food Service are available here.
In addition to the AAPS Food Service available for students, Food Gatherers information on the supplemental food pantry and pick-up locations is here.
Preparing for the 2020-21 School Year
AAPS is again using PowerSchool Enrollment (formerly called InfoSnap) for the 2020-21 school year. This week you should receive communication via an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with instructions on how to access the system for your student. The email contains instructions and a secure “snapcode link” that connects you directly to your student’s information. If you do not see this email by Monday, June 15th, please check your inbox or SPAM/Junk folder for a message from email@example.com.
AAPS Parent and Student Surveys
In the Ann Arbor Public Schools, we value input and feedback from our parents and guardians, and thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we can improve our service to students and families.
You should have received a survey invitation from K12 Insight via email that asks questions about your family's experience with district and school communication, technology access and resources, virtual learning and community resources during this spring closure. Toward the end of the survey, there are important questions about your preferences for the type of educational setting and supports you anticipate needing for next school year. Your responses are confidential. In case you missed the email from K12 Insight, you can access the survey here.
We have also shared a survey with students in grades 3-12 and would appreciate assistance in having your students complete the survey. Students can share their responses through the link they received via email or here. They will need their student number to access the survey, which they can find by logging into PowerSchool, looking at their report card or contacting the Students & Families Virtual Help Desk at 734-997-1222.
Rec & Ed Summer Camps
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Rec & Ed has reimagined summer camp to include both virtual and in-person camps. Registration is open now at aarecedcamps.com.
- Virtual camps - we have taken the camps best suited to an online format and turned them into weekly, 1.5 hour experiences. This is to limit screen time while allowing children to work on projects over several weeks.
- Camp kits - some camps include a kit of materials that match the camp theme.
- In-person camps - if current public health protocols remain in place, we will offer in-person/outdoor half day camps in August and will strictly follow all CDC guidance to safeguard campers and staff.
- S.T.E.A.M family program - in addition to online camps, we are offering a few at-home, work-at-your-own-pace S.T.E.A.M. programs for your entire family to enjoy.
- Safety Town - this beloved program has transformed into an age-appropriate virtual program for young children to become Super Safety Citizens.
Rec & Ed Summer Classes for Adults and Youth
Rec & Ed has a fantastic line-up of enrichment, fitness and yoga classes for you and your family this summer, with offerings both online and in-person (in accordance with CDC guidelines). Find out more and register here: www.aarecedonline.com