Elementary Options for 2020
Synopsis of Video with Links to Topics
- Overview of Options - A2 Classroom Connect and A2 Student Link both are AAPS curricula and teachers and tied to the school your child attends
- A2 Student Link is for families that don’t intend to return to classroom this semester/ or year
- A2 Classroom Connect starting year virtually, but moving to the classroom when safe to do so
- A2 Virtual is independent student, self-paced, learning option, asynchronous learning
- Student Link and Classroom Connect have same robust and rigorous curriculum, engaging with teachers in live virtual setting
- Student Link and Classroom Connect are similar to successful program from this summer
- Schedule for Student Link and Classroom Connect include morning meetings, flexibility for families and academic rigor
- Bulk of the core academic work done in the front portion of the day
- Afternoons include specials activities, small group learning, etc.
- Time spent in front of screens balanced by grade level, but in general mix of synchronous mini-lessons and independent time to do work to avoid long stretches in front of a screen
- Elementary schedule will include same supports built in as occur in school buildings for students with variety of special needs
- Spaces throughout the day for students to receive special services
- Plan for this fall is robust and rigorous to prepare students for next grade level
- One to one student devices, consistent learning platform, teachers using engaging learning strategies
- AAPS staff want students back in the buildings via Classroom Connect
- A2 Virtual is an option for students with independent learners and families that want an almost home-schooling experience
- A2 Student Link offers predictability of knowing will be virtual all year/semester
- Classroom Connect closest to traditional AAPS experience
- A2 Virtual own pace, not synchronous but ready for full year, AAPS teacher mentor but not daily live interaction
- Student Link offers fully online community of students
- Want to have students back in our classrooms as soon as possible
Elementary Reimagine Launch FAQs
What is the daily elementary schedule?
Will the elementary schedule have my students on a “screen” all day long?
How does the school day start each day during online learning (for A2 Classroom Connect and A2 Student Link)?
I want to help get my child prepared for fall learning and understanding more about Schoology. Where can I learn more?
How will students be successfully oriented to online learning this fall?
If our family chooses A2 Student link, is it possible to change?
If our family chooses A2 Classroom Connect, will we be forced to send our child back to school in-person?
If our family is interested in A2 Virtual, where can we find out more information?
If our family wants to change the choice that they made (for example, chose A2 Student link and would now prefer A2 Classroom Connect), is this possible?