Middle School Options for 2020
Synopsis of Video with Links to Topics
- Overview of options
- A2 Student Link and A2 Classroom Connect very similar offering AAPS teachers, curricula and programing tied to your school, difference is A2 Student Link for families intending to remain virtual for semester/year while Classroom Connect will return to school when safe
- A2 Virtual is independent learning, self-paced, and meeting with AAPS teacher about once a week
- If interested in something like the traditional school setting would recommend A2 Classroom Connect
- If interested in self-paced or asynchronous learning would recommend A2 Virtual
- If want virtual for first half of year, but want synchronous learning with AAPS teacher would recommend A2 Student Link
- For A2 Student Link and Classroom Connect daily schedule will include advisory to help with teacher-student connections, a block schedule with three classes, each block 100 minutes with a mix of synchronous and asynchronous time, end day with a check-out for additional social-emotional connections
- Block schedule to reduce number of daily transitions and to allow time for both synchronous and asynchronous learning
- Even though starting virtual important for middle school students to see friends and other students
- Still offering mix of electives to help middle school students discover their interests, possibly including options that haven’t been available to students in the past
Middle School FAQs
What factors were considered in creating a common daily schedule and school-year calendar for the middle schools?
What is the daily middle school schedule?
Will middle school still have an advisory for students?
Why did the middle school move to a block schedule?
Will the middle school schedule have my child on a screen the entire school day?
If I sign up for A2 Student Link can I change it if students return back to school?
If I choose A2 Classroom Connect and I'm not comfortable sending my child back to school, will I be forced to send him/her in person?
When some middle school students of the A2 Classroom Connect group return to the classroom, will the remaining students participate virtually in the classroom sessions?