High School Options for 2020
Synopsis of Video with Links to Topics
- Overview of options
- A2 Student Link and Classroom Connect both feature quality AAPS teachers and full menu of options that each school has typically, distinction is Student Link for families that don’t intend to come back to classroom this fall while Classroom Connect for families that want to go back to classroom setting
- A2 Virtual is an existing program that offers independent, individual approach to learning
- Skyline Principal Cory McElmeel offers guidance on three options; Student Link for families that want to stay virtual but connected to school, Classroom Connect for families wanting to get back in school, and A2 Virtual for students that want to be autonomous in their learning
- Classroom Connect likely the best option for families as start virtual and can go face to face when it’s safe and families feel comfortable
- Huron Principal Janet Schwamb offers guidance on three options; Classroom Connect is connection to building with students coming back when safe, Student Link is similar but don’t return to classroom, and A2 Virtual robust platform that’s self-paced with limited teacher interaction
- Daily schedule will be consistent across all schools with all schools using semesters
- Use of block schedule will allow time for student’s depth of learning in a manageable way while need to be in a virtual setting
- Blocks will be about 105 minutes long, with 3 blocks on Monday and Thursday and 3 blocks on Tuesday and Friday, Wednesday will be fully virtual day for students to do assigned work, asynchronous and independent learning
- Daily advisory time in all buildings for social-emotional learning and making connections between teachers and students
- Student choice with electives based on selections made in Powerschool in the spring
- Each high school will have unique challenges and opportunities
- All of the strong programs and opportunities in the AAPS will be available including arts, languages
- Whole child approach and extracurriculars will remain during the 2020-21 school year
- Working hard to give the entire high school experience for our families and students
HS Daily Schedule & Semester FAQs
What has changed with HS daily schedules and school-year calendars?
What factors were considered in creating a common daily schedule and school-year calendar for all five high schools?
What is the daily schedule?
What school year calendars were considered? Why semesters?
Will students have room for elective choices in their schedules?
What is happening with fall sports for high school and middle school? Marching band?