Additional Learning Group Management Resources
The following resources will help you work with students and address some common issues you may face when working with students.
- 8 proactive classroom management tips
- Developing Empathy for students: Reframing Classroom Management
- “We All Get Angry Sometimes”: Dealing with angry students.
- Strategies for working with emotionally unpredictable students.
- How to calm an agitated student.
- On providing praise: Make sure your praise is effective.
- Using praise to motivate students.
- 3 practices to promote equity in the Classroom
Technology Resources and Support
- AAPS Schoology Resource Page
- Troubleshooting guide for Chromebooks and ipads
- AAPS Technology Helpdesk info
School Supplies and Materials
In October, all students received a school supply kit that contains general supplies for their school day. Please contact your school if you were unable to pick up your school supply kit.
FREE Fall Rec & Ed Programs for Kids
Starting Weds, Sept 23, Rec and Ed will offer free youth soccer, yoga, dance, hip hop at karate at elementary schools and tennis and yoga at the middle schools. Rec & Ed FREE Fall Programs
Do you know of a student or parent that is struggling to get their basic needs met, coping with mental illness or other urgent issues? Please visit the AAPS Community Resources Page for free community resources.
Getting Help for Your Students:
Communicating with AAPS
- Please contact your student(s) teacher first with any questions or concerns. You can find a link to staff contacts on the school website at a2schools.org
- You can always contact your school principal as the next step in your communication.
- Additional AAPS contact information
- For AAPS Strategic Partnership questions please contact Nancy Shore: email@example.com