Free Resources for Academic Support
The following academic support resources have worked in partnership with AAPS to ensure they are following protocols to ensure student safety. Please note that these resources are provided by volunteers and are free to parents and students. While there are benefits to free resources, parents should still use their judgement to determine if a resource is appropriate for their student.
826michigan Virtual Schoolwork Support (Grades 1-12)
This school year, 826michigan will be providing FREE online schoolwork support for students ages 7-18 attending school in the Ypsilanti, Detroit, and Ann Arbor areas. Learn more and register here.
A2tor (Grades K-8)
A2tor is a free, virtual tutoring program in which Ann Arbor/Ypsi area high schoolers volunteer as tutors for Ann Arbor/Ypsi area middle and elementary schoolers.
- Individual Tutor Sessions: Individual sessions are for families who would be put under stress accessing paid tutoring services. Tutors help with school work or do general enrichment activities tailored to students’ age, ability level, and interests. Parents can request a tutor here.
A2 Tutors (Grades 2-8)
Our mission is to provide free tutoring to families that do not have the means to hire tutors for keeping kids on track with online learning. While A2 Tutors offers both in-person and virtual options AAPS has only approved the virtual component of this program. Request a tutor here.
Tutors for Online Assistance from the Ann Arbor Community Center
The Ann Arbor Community Center has University of Michigan Students that can support AAPS students with online tutoring. More information here.
End the Cycle Educational Support (Grades K-12)
End the Cycle is a student organization at the University of Michigan that provides free educational services to students in Michigan in the form of after school tutoring, standardized test preparation (ACT,SAT,GED), and college application mentorship through zoom. If you or your student is interested in signing up, please fill out the form under the "students" section on our website. After you sign up, you will be sent a sign-up link where you or your student can sign up for multiple sessions a week. If you have any questions or specific requests, please email endthecycleatum@gmail.
com. End the Cycle Website: https:/ /sites.google.com/view/ endthecycleatum/home
Brainfuse (through AADL)
Provides live online tutoring support, writing support, language support and more.
- Brainfuse is free with your AADL Library Card. Don't have a card? Get one here.
- To access for free:
- Login through the AADL Homework Help page (click on the Brainfuse link).
- When you get to the Brainfuse page, click Login
- Go to the my account page and if you don't have one, you can create an account.
- More about Brainfuse here.