Health & Safety in the AAPS
School Safety Practices Aligned with the Super 6 Include:
- All staff and students are required to wear a mask at all times inside the building, except when eating or drinking.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed in every classroom and throughout the building and all staff and students are encouraged to use sanitizer upon entry and exit of classrooms and other spaces.
- Student desks will be spaced apart and whenever possible, facing the same direction.
- Seating charts will be established in every classroom to minimize contact between students.
- No visitors are allowed on campus unless by appointment (dropping off medication, etc.).
- All parent/guardian and other meetings, including school events, remain virtual.
- State of Michigan Guidelines for Operating Schools Safely, Jan. 2021
- CDC Guidelines for Schools and Childcare, Jan. 2021
- CDC K-12 COVID-19 Mitigation Toolkit, Dec. 2020
- School Re-Opening in the Era of COVID-19:Public health principles and practices for school districts, Johns Hopkins Consortium for School-Based Health Solutions, Dec. 2020
Cohorts as Part of the Hybrid Learning Plan
How Does Cohorting Relate to COVID-19?
Family Responsibilities in the Hybrid Classroom Option
Student Responsibilities in the Hybrid Classroom Option
AAPS Cleaning and Disinfecting Protocols Follow CDC and EPA Guidelines
Bus Safety Practices