Summer 2021 – Courses available to the Class of 2028 (5th Grade) at a Reduced Cost
This option is for students in the class of 2028 (5th Grade) who were enrolled in Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2020-2021 school year. This special cost-saving is to encourage our students to engage in learning this summer when there are limited activities.
Available Courses for Class of 2028 (5th Grade)June 28th - July 30thMiddle School Elective Courses
- This option is available to any student enrolled in Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2020-2021 school year.
- AAPS students may choose up to two online classes during the summer term at a special reduced Summer 2021 COVID-19 cost savings of $100 per course. (A2 Virtual+ Summer 2021 COVID-19 price is $169 per course, Michigan Virtual Summer 2021 COVID-19 price is $279 per course.)
- There are no extensions or incompletes during the summer term. There is a drop period that ends July 2, 2021, note that withdrawals will not be accepted except in new extenuating circumstances. Once the drop period has passed, a grade will be earned in the course. Students need to be committed to learning and not take a course to “try it out”.
- The AAPS summer term is 5 weeks long, June 28-July 30, 2021. We only recommend one online class during the summer term. Each online course is considered to average 80-100 hours depending on the student. We equate that to an average of 15-20 hours per week.
- The term for Michigan Virtual courses runs from May 21-July 30. The cost is $279 per course.
May 21st - July 30th
The last day to enroll in Michigan Virtual courses is June 14th.
- Character Education - Middle School
- Computer Basics(Google Suite) - Middle School