Utility Assistance and Urgent Needs

  • Housing, Utilities, Financial Assistance, Basic Needs, Childcare, etc.

    • Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program:  
      The Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) is a temporary emergency program to help income-eligible households pay outstanding water and wastewater bills, providing up to $650 in direct payment assistance toward water and wastewater bills. 

    • Heat and Utility Assistance through MiBridges:
      Temporary heat and utility assistance may be available for eligible low-income families and individuals when heating or electric service has been or will be shut off.

    • Listing of Countywide Resources for Social Services 

    • The Ann Arbor Community Center: 
      Can help with urgent needs. If you have an urgent need, please call them at 734-662-3128 and leave a message. Be clear about what your need is in your message.

    • Having a housing Emergency? Contact Housing Access for Washtenaw County (HAWC):
      For families and individuals experiencing issues with homelessness or experiencing a housing crisis.
      Please note that the best time to contact HAWC is Thursday afternoons.

    • Washtenaw County Community Services Directory:
      Regularly updated listing of local housing, Children and Youth Supports, Food Assistance Health Services, Income Services and more.

    • 2-1-1 for Southeastern Michigan:  
      2-1-1 is available 24/7 and provides information about health and human services resources available. 

    • Childcare Scholarships: 
      • Child Care Network's (CCN) Family Support Program (FSP) provides childcare tuition scholarships for families who need help paying for childcare. CCN FSP serves families living in Washtenaw, Genesee, Hillsdale, Jackson, Lenawee, & Monroe counties.
      • CCN FSP provides scholarship assistance to families with children ages 0-14 who are in need of childcare services, before and after-school care, and/or care throughout the summer months.
      • Childcare programs providing these services must be licensed in the State of Michigan.
      • Families interested in CCN FSP can visit the website www.childcarenetwork.org/family-support-program for more information, and can complete the online Intake Form to get on CCN FSP's waitlist for assistance.