Clothing and Household Items
- House by the Side of the Road: The House by the Side of the Road provides free clothing, bedding and small household items to people in need. Clients can come in every 3 months to shop. No referrals are necessary. They are open Monday through Friday from 10 AM till 2 PM. They are located at 2051 S. State Street in Ann Arbor.
- Ellsworth Clothes Closet: Located in the Washtenaw County CMH building at 2140 E. Ellsworth Road. Free kids, women's and men's clothing and shoes. Limited selection and hours. The closet is open M-F, 9:30-11:30am. The closet will be open from 9:30-1:30pm Tues-Fri starting in September 2023. All families and AAPS staff working with families are welcome.
Low Cost Clothing and Household items
- Ann Arbor Thrift Shop: Anyone can shop for clothing and household items. School Social Workers may have vouchers so that families can purchase items at no cost. Contact your School Social Worker for details.
- Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop: Offers clothing, household items and more at low cost.
- Kiwanis Thift Sale: Offers low-cost clothing and household items. Open Fridays and Saturdays.
- The Sharehouse: Offers low-cost clothing and household items.
Friends in Deed: Offers free furniture and cribs for eligible families.
Free Pack and Plays: The Washtenaw Area Council for Children provides free Pack and Plays to Medicaid Eligible families who complete a Safe Sleep Training. Staff can complete a referral form for the interested parent. Safe Sleep Referral Form.
Additional Resources for Clothing
- Additional Clothing Resources: The Community Action Network provides a list of additional clothing resources for families and students.