AA Public School Calendar: 2021-22 Click Here
Download our handy guide on What I wish I knew about Pittsfield Elementary:
What I wish I knew about Pittsfield - A Parent Guide
Donate Directly to the PTO using PayPalWays to Donate:https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=e-lgarURS79SuTfbEh9elzsUnUbj-AmNrymC8l7bNO1OG3K8oErFeLj3PspOUhWgIXM2vlthl5o4kSWn
Keeping the kids outside as much as possible feels more important than ever now that we know there was the transmission of COVID in our school!How you can help? - I created a GoFundMe, which I will post in the comments. If you are willing to share in your networks, that would make a real difference! It also makes it easier for all of you to track progress. Donations are also very welcome, and if you have ideas/are willing to help in other ways please reach out to me! I don’t have a lot of experience with this stuff and would super welcome any help or moral support!Updates:
- Paypal - email@example.com (Anthony Lauer’s name appears)
- Venmo - @pittsfieldpto (Denise Chevalier's name appears)
- CashApp - $pittsfieldpto (Denise Chevalier's name appears)
- Check payable to Pittsfield PTO, mailed to the school (2543 Pittsfield Blvd. Ann Arbor, MI 48104)
Here's the GoFundMe. Again, while donations are (of course! appreciated, I would really appreciate you all sharing this in your networks.
- I have been doing some fundraising outside of this group. Between your donations (thank you!!) and that fundraising, we have raised an additional $675 - more than halfway to having funds to keep a tent through Thanksgiving break!
- We added a stretch goal – if we raise additional funds they will go towards buying HEPA filters for Pittsfield classrooms (managed officially through district facilities. Will post 9/16 letter from the UM Professors who have been working with AAPS to try to advocate for investments to reduce airborne transmission of COVID in a comment (as FYI/PSA)
- I am trying to find out/get connected to other parents doing advocacy with the school district re: COVID mitigation (wish me luck!! And if you have leads, please PM me!).
- I’ll be talking with Ms. Alston this week to get further feedback on tents. There are some ideas around the potential purchase, but that needs more legwork. If you have any interest in helping let me know!
PTO 2021-22 Meetings (6:00pm on the 2nd or 3rd Tuesday of each month)
Our meetings are casual: come as you are and when you can. Each meeting includes an update from the principal, typically includes a presentation by teachers or outside guests, and allots time for attendees to ask questions or share ideas. Log on information will be in the Monday Morning Message email and on our Facebook page, as well as below.
- Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 12th: PTO Meeting, 6:00 pm via Zoom All Families Welcome
- Zoom meeting link: https://umich.zoom.us/j/ 92667324818
Meeting ID: 926 6732 4818
Call-In: 1 646 876 99
- Tuesday, October 12th: School Picture Day
- Friday, October 29th: ½ Day for Elementary Students, Dismissal 11:28 a.m
PITTSFIELD ELEMENTARY CARE CLOSET
The wonderful staff at Pittsfield Elementary maintains a closet full of things any of our students may need, ranging from personal care items to spare pants and socks to snacks for kids waiting on late pick-ups. The PTO has created an Amazon wishlist for many of the items; you can order and have the items shipped directly to the school. Of course, you may also buy items elsewhere! Not listed on the wishlist for practical purposes: A variety of sizes of pants, underwear, and socks are always needed.
Please click here to check out the Care Closet wishlist! While you're at it, sign up for AmazonSmile to benefit the PTO as well; last year we earned over $200 through this program.
FUN RUN MOVED TO AFTER SPRING BREAK
Usually, when October is upon us we are planning for our school's biggest fundraiser -- the Fun Run. We had intended to kick off the fundraising program the week of October 4, but the pivot to virtual school upended our plans.
After discussing our options, considering the current state of COVID, and our desire to make sure as many kiddos as possible can participate, we've made the decision to postpone the Fun Run until the spring.
Our hope is that by spring, a large portion of our student population will be vaccinated, and we will be able to bring back some of the fun energy and activities that we've done in the past to go along with the run itself.
Our plan now is to kick-off the Fun Run program the week after Spring Break and boot the winter doldrums aside with some outdoor activity, and the reappearance of everyone's favorite (kind of creepy) unicorn, Sprinkles. The run itself will take place the last week of April or first week of May.
Please reach out to Dawn Keech (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions. And if you have a particular passion for fundraising and organizing a group of children running around an outdoor space, let her know -- she could use an extra person or two to help out!
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
The PTO strives to meet the needs of our families. We have available funds to provide assistance with groceries and gasoline and feel free to inquire about other necessities. Please contact Melita Alston at email@example.com for more information.
In 2019, 80 students were part of the Pittsfield Garden Club and cultivated a beautiful space full of vegetables and flowers.
Follow our journey at facebook.com/pittsfieldgarden and on Instagram @pittsfieldschoolgardenThe Pittsfield School Garden is ready to offer optional weekly classes to students in grades 1-5 during their recess time. We will explore science, math, art, history, and language concepts in the garden while having fun and learning about food cultivation.
Our objectives are to:
-Reinforce classroom learning objectives.
-Expand student understanding of ecology and food cultivation
-Celebrate the diverse composition of our school
-Increase recognition of fresh foods
-Promote a sense of pride in what we can do together
If your child is interested in the garden class, please complete this form (click on your preferred language): English | Spanish | Arabic
Questions? Email Karen Hulsebus at pittsfield.community.garden@
Help Support Our TeachersMerchant Sponsored: Fundraise the painless way…
The good news is that most programs reward Pittsfield just for using their services. The following programs benefit Pittsfield’s kids and don’t cost you anything extra. With just a few easy steps you can make a big difference!
PTO Thrift Shop: Shop at the Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop and earn money for the school.
Box Tops for Education: Download the new app and scan your receipts for an easy way to earn money for our school!
Kroger Plus Community Rewards: Register online at https://www.kroger.com/account/communityrewards/
(ID # for our school is 82766).
Watch this tutorial for more info:
Busch’s Cash for Education: Go to https://www.buschs.com/community and choose the Pittsfield PTO to have a portion of your purchases donated to the PTO.
Amazon Smile: Go to smile.amazon.com and designate the Pittsfield Elementary School Parent Teacher Association. A portion of your purchases made through the Smile link will be donated to the PTO. https://smile.amazon.com/
Restaurant Nights: Each month during the school year, we will have fundraising events at area restaurants. A portion of the sales benefits the PTO. Feed your family and support the PTO! Watch for reminders in the Monday Message and on our Facebook page.
- Panera - Thursday, October 14th: 4 - 8 PM - Facebook Event
- Applebee's - Wednesday, October 27th: 4-9 PM - RSVP here: GroupRaise Link