Health Education Strands:
- Strand 1: Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Strand 2: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Strand 3: Safety
- Strand 4: Social and Emotional Health
- Strand 5: Personal Health and Wellness
- Strand 6: HIV Prevention
- Strand 7: Sexuality Education
SHEAC = Sexual Health Education Advisory Committee
- SHEAC Website
- 2018 SHEAC Report - click SHEAC Website (above) for this document
- SEHAC Minutes - click SHEAC Website (above) for these documenets
Standard 1: Core Concepts - Apply health promotion and disease prevention concepts and principles to personal, family, and community health issues.
Standard 2: Access Information - Access valid health information and appropriate health promoting products and services.
Standard 3: Health Behaviors - Practice health enhancing behaviors and reduce health risks.
Standard 4: Influences - Analyze the influence of cultural beliefs, media, and technology on health.
Standard 5: Goal Setting - Use goal setting skills to enhance health.
Standard 6: Decision Making - Use decision-making skills to enhance health.
Standard 7: Social Skills - Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication and other social skills which enhance health.
Standard 8: Advocacy - Demonstrate advocacy skills for enhanced personal, family, and community health.