Huron Auto begins using Ford ACE
Groundbreaking for the 50th house for the Homebuilding program! (click on the link to load video)
Homebuilding and Cosmetology are currently virtual
Click on the image if you want to know more about skilled trades in Michigan. Earn While You Learn. Is this the career path for me? How to get a good paying job without college debt! Skilled Trades Information Construction Career & Apprenticeship Opportunities
Let Us Show You What We Can Do!
Career and Technical Education (CTE) provides rigorous, relevant training for students in a wide range of high-wage, high-skill, high-demand careers. Students enroll in courses of their choice and are provided a quality experience in the career area of their interest. Students are given the opportunity to experience a career in high school and learn in a project-based environment.
Ann Arbor offers many career path experiences including:
- Auto Service Technology (website link) Auto Service Application or Auto Service Applic you can fill out on-line
- Business, Finance, Marketing, and Technology (website link)
- Construction Trades / Homebuilding (website link) Homebuilding Application or Homebuilding Application you can fill out on-line
- Cosmetology (website link) Cosmetology Application or Cosmetology Application you can fill out on-line
- Culinary and Hospitality (website link) Culinary Application or Culinary Application you can fill out on-line
- Engineering (website link)
- Health Science (website link) Health Science Application or Health Science Application you can fill out on-line. Teacher Recommendation form (you need 2 recommendations)
- All ASPECTS OF INDUSTRY:
CTE programs must deliver instruction that provides CTE students with strong experience in and understanding of all aspects of an industry this may include:
- Technical and occupation-specific skills
- Principles of technology
- Labor and community issues
- Health and safety issues
- Environmental issues
- Opportunities for advanced education/training
CTE TEACHERS HAVE WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE AREA THEY TEACH
All CTE teachers in the Ann Arbor Public Schools have relevant work experience in the curriculum area in which they teach. All of our instructors have accumulated over 4,000 hours of work experience so they can hold occupational certifications with the State of Michigan!
LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES are available for CTE students through the following organizations who offer Regional, State and National/International conferences giving your student the opportunity to compete with other students in the organization across Michigan and the world!
BPA - http://www.bpa.org/
DECA - http://www.deca.org/
HOSA - http://hosa.org/
ProStart - http://www.nraef.org/
SkillsUSA - http://skillsusa.org/
To learn more about the CTE opportunities Ann Arbor offers contact the CTE Office (734-994-2077) or visit your high school counselor today!
STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
ANN ARBOR PUBLIC SCHOOLS STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: No person shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination in any educational program or activity available in any school on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, creed, political belief, age, national origin, linguistic and language differences, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, socioeconomic status, height, weight, marital or familial status, disability or veteran status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: The Executive Director of Human Resources, 2555 S. State Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (734) 994-9444.