Locations, Hours, Fees
The Ann Arbor Public Schools Community Education and Recreation department runs on-site before and after school childcare programs for these 8 Ann Arbor elementary school communities:
Child care programs at Burns Park and Lawton Elementaries are run by Community Day Care. Child care at King Elementary is run by KingKare.
- Abbot Elementary
- Allen Elementary
- Carpenter Elementary
- Lakewood Elementary
- Mitchell Elementary
- Pittsfield Elementary (After Care only, in combined program at Allen)
- Angell Elementary
- Wines Elementary
Three schedules are available for families:
*For full-time care, please register for both the AM and PM sessions.
- Full time - AM and PM 5 days/week
- AM only - 5 days/week
- PM only - 5 days/week
Program HoursBefore Care: 7:15AM to the beginning of the school day.After Care: End of the school day to 6:00PM.
Parents/guardians may choose an AM only schedule, PM only, or full-time both AM and PM.
Fees/Billing for the 2023-24 School Year
Yearly Registration Fee $15 per session per student (non-refundable)
Full Day Fee (AM + PM) $690/month for 10 months. August 22nd - June 22nd
AM only - $276/month for 10 months. August 22nd - June 22nd
PM only - $414/month for 10 months. August 22nd - June 22nd
- Fees are due on the 22nd of each month
- The program is set up to require automatic payment with a credit/debit card
- Cash or check payment can be made through US mail or dropped off in our exterior drop slot. Payments must be received by the 22nd of each month
Assistance for Program Fees
Programs are available to families needing financial assistance who meet income eligibility requirements:
- The Michigan Tri-Share Program, coordinated locally by the Child Care Network. More information here.
- The Childcare Network has a family support program. More information here.
- The Rec & Ed Scholarship Program offers tens of thousands of dollars of fee waivers to families each year. We offer 25%, 50% and 75% fee waivers to those who apply and qualify. Families may apply for the standard scholarship at any time. This scholarship requires additional documentation.