The best time to submit your 2019-20 Child Care scholarship application is August 2019.
Scholarships do not roll over. If you had a scholarship in 2018-19, you must reapply for the upcoming year.Scholarship assistance is available to qualified families. If you know you will need help paying your fees, please apply for a scholarship. Financial assistance does not fully cover the cost of child care, and families remain responsible for all charges not covered by SACC scholarships.
Rec & Ed does not accept coverage of childcare fees provided by Child Care Network (CCN) or the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA, formerly DHS). Families who qualify for assistance from either of these agencies should apply for Rec & Ed's Child Care Scholarship. Note: The scholarship coverage from Rec & Ed's scholarship program exceeds the assistance provided by LARA!
- Child Care scholarships provide a 50% or 75% discount on monthly fees in the Standard Program only.
- Applicants must meet the general qualifications for scholarships, and also be at work or in school during childcare hours.
- SACC Scholarship discounts are not applicable to:
- the Flex Program
- Administrative fees, including enrollment fees
- Drop-in fees
- To apply for a scholarship please go to the Scholarships page for full instructions and forms.
Address questions to Rec & Ed at 734-994-2300 ext 0 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.