Summer 2021 – Michigan Virtual High School Courses Offered at Reduced Cost - Improving a Grade or Taking for the First Time
May 21st - July 30th
This option is for a student who has or will complete 8th grade before the summer of 2021 and was enrolled in Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2020-2021 school year and wish to seek new credit, retake classes from a previous term, or take a course(s) to advance their curriculum. This special cost-saving is to encourage our students to engage in learning this summer.
- This option is available to any student enrolled in Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2020-2021 school year.
- AAPS students may choose up to two online classes during the summer term at a special reduced Summer 2021 COVID-19 cost savings of $100 per course. Michigan Virtual Summer 2021 COVID-19 price is $279 per course for AAPS students, which is regularly $379.
- The class(es) taken during the summer term will earn both credit and a grade. There are no extensions or incompletes during the summer term. There is a drop period that ends June 14th, 2021, note that withdrawals will not be accepted except in new extenuating circumstances. Once the drop period has passed, a grade will be earned in the course. Students need to be committed to learning and not take a course to “try it out”.
- The Michigan Virtual summer term is 10 weeks long, May 21st - July 30, 2021. We only recommend only one online class during the summer term. Each online course is considered to average 80-110 hours depending on the student. We equate that to an average of 15-20 hours per week. Students taking two courses will be committing to 30-40 hours a week. There are no extensions or incompletes during the summer term.
Regular Summer Options for Non-Ann Arbor Public School Students
The following courses are available through Michigan Virtual School for the summer term.Syllabi and Course Descriptions for the courses below can be found here: https://michiganvirtual.org/courses/students
- Students who were not enrolled with Ann Arbor Public Schools during the 2020-2021 school year, homeschool students, and students from outside the district may enroll in up to two online classes each summer at a cost of $399 for each Michigan Virtual.
- A2 Virtual+ will provide a mentor for each enrollment with Michigan Virtual and will provide an Ann Arbor Public School transcript with a grade for the course. It is the responsibility of the student and/or parent to ensure that their district will accept the credit.
EnglishAmerican Literature A/BComposition (Beginning)Composition (Advanced)English 9A/9BEnglish 10A/10BBritish Literature A/BFilm Studies: American Film SurveyJournalism (Introduction)Journalism (Advanced)Reading for College SuccessWorld Literature
ScienceAnatomy and Physiology A/BAstronomyBiology A/BBioethicsChemistry A/BEarth Science A/BEnvironmental Science A/BForensic ScienceOceanography A/BPhysical Science A/BPhysics A/BVeterinary Science: The Care of Animals
MathematicsAlgebra 1 A/BAlgebra 2 A/BGeometry A/BCalculus A/BMathematics of BaseballMathematics of Personal FinancePre-Calculus A/BProbability and Statistics
World LanguageAmerican Sign Language 1 A/BAmerican Sign Language 2 A/BFrench 1 A/BFrench 2 A/BFrench 3 A/BGerman 1 A/BGerman 2 A/BJapanese 1 A/BJapanese 2 A/BLatin 1 A/BLatin 2 A/BSpanish 1 A/BSpanish 2 A/BSpanish 3 A/BSpanish 4 A/B
Social StudiesCivics/GovernmentEconomicsU.S. History A/BWorld History A/B
Personal FitnessPersonal Fitness