School Library Services
AAPS School Library Services Vision
The Future Ready School Librarians of the Ann Arbor Public Schools provide resources, strategies, and connections to enable district leaders and librarians to work together to promote and implement innovative learning opportunities for students.
To do this, the School Library:
Our goals are to:
- Provides materials and programs that embrace a diverse population.
- Creates a safe, supportive and respectful environment.
- Invites discovery, collaborative student learning and achievement, staff collaboration and parent involvement.
- Ensure that students learn the 21st century skills, literacy, and technologies that prepare them to live, work, and succeed in an expanding digital environment.
- Support district-wide achievement goals through our roles as information specialists, teacher-leaders, instructional consultants, innovators, collaborators, instructional technologists, and educational visionaries.
- Ensure that the wide range of resources, technologies, and services are readily available and equitably accessible to meet learning and information needs of students and teachers alike.
- Collaborate closely with our Instructional Technology Department.
School Library Web Sites
(6-12 Library Services Department Chair)
(PreK-5 Library Services Department Chair)