Space Available In-District Transfers for Ann Arbor Residents
The Ann Arbor Board of Education has approved a Space Available In-District Transfer policy that allows for a permanent reassignment of in-district students from one school to another. Under the policy, families that live within the Ann Arbor Public School district may apply for a transfer from their assigned school (as defined by the Ann Arbor Public School Street Index) to one of the identified space available schools.Schools with space available are determined annually based upon capacity and projected enrollment. Families of students who receive these transfers are officially assigned to the requested school instead of their original school. If the transfer is granted, students can stay for all grades offered at that school.
Application WindowFor the 2021-22 school year
Online Application window open for Y5/K - 10 and 11@HUR for IB only
June 10 - 30
- Families wishing to apply for an In-District transfer must complete an online application for each student.
- The application deadline is Wednesday, June 30 at 5:00 p.m.
- Families will be notified of their application status by mid-July.
- See the Space Available In-District Transfer document below for schools/grades available for application.
Applications are accepted anytime within the application window timeframe. Applications are NOT processed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Transportation to and from school will not be provided by AAPS. Transportation is the responsibility of the parent or guardian. The ability of a family to transport students to arrive on time to school and be picked up on time is an important consideration when applying for an in-district transfer. Please consider this carefully.
- All high school transfer students may be subject to an athletic ineligibility period per MHSAA policy. For more information, please contact the athletic director at the school you have been approved for an In-District Transfer.
Further Inquiries? Please email (best) the AAPS Student Enrollment office at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voice message at 734-994-2249.