1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor MI 48103
(734) 994-2300 x 53254
email: email@example.com SAND VOLLEYBALL
LEAGUES OFFERED (return to top) League Day Corec Recreation (C) Quads (pick your best night) Either Sundays or Wednesdays
Corec Intermediate (B) Quads (pick your best night)
Either Sundays, Mondays, or Wednesdays *Open Power (A) Quads (any gender, Corec net height) Wednesdays Corec A / Power Doubles Mondays Corec B / Intermediate Doubles Mondays Women's Power (A) Quads Tuesdays Women's Intermediate (B) Quads Tuesdays Women's A Doubles, Women's B Doubles Thursdays Men's A Doubles, Men's B Doubles Tuesdays Men's Intermediate (B) Quads Thursdays "U22" Girls' Doubles (HS varsity - college age) Fridays JV Corec Triples (grades 8-10) Fridays*Open power quads is for Advanced quad teams with any gender configuration: 4 guys is fine. 2 guys & 2 gals is fine. 4 gals is fine. All games played on the Corec / Men's net height.
LEAGUES & FEES (return to top)
LEAGUE FEES: REGISTRATION (SPONSOR) AND TEAM League Entry / Sponsor Fee* Team Fee Non-Resident Fee** (due April 13-20 upon registration) (due by 5/21/20) All Quad leagues $79 $112 $3.00 All Doubles Leagues $34 $56 $3.00 +Girls' 22 & Under Doubles $34 $56 $3.00 +JV Corec Triples $34 $66 $3.00
*The league entry / sponsor fee is not a deposit. It is the initial fee paid by all teams at registration to reserve their spot in the league. All teams pay both the sponsor / registration fee plus the team fee, regardless of whether or not the team is sponsored.
+"22 & Under Doubles" is designed primarily for Varsity High School and College-aged girls who may be experienced indoor players but are not highly-experienced playing sand doubles. Corec "JV Triples" division for 8th -10th graders, both boys and girls.+NOTE: there is no "individual player" fee for any sand league! If you sign up online or send in the $34 registration fee for Girl's 22 & under or JV Corec triples, you are signing up a WHOLE TEAM. Here is how it works: One person (manager) signs up the team, and then recruits the teammates they would like to play with. ONLY the manager makes payments to Rec & Ed and submits the roster. Players on the team give their portion of the team fee to the manager. Contact Karen at Draves@a2schools.org for additional clarification if needed.
**The non-resident fee applies to all players and substitutes who reside outside the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District.
FEE DEADLINES (return to top)Sponsor fees are due at the time of registration April 13-20, 2020.The final deadline for registered captains to turn in team roster, team fees, non-resident fees, and player contracts is Thursday, May 21, 2020. Any contracts turned in after this date will be charged a $2 per player late fee. All fees must be paid at the Rec & Ed office, 1515 S. 7th, Ann Arbor, between 8:00 am - 4:45 pm.
Rec & Ed accepts cash, credit cards (Visa, American Express, and Mastercard only), money orders, certified, corporate checks, or a single check made out to AAPS from the team sponsor, captain, or a designated team member for sponsor and team fees. Corporate credit cards are accepted only with prior approval from the Finance Department. No personal checks will be accepted for partial payments, late or non-resident fees. All checks are payable to Ann Arbor Public Schools (AAPS).
- All teams play 7 matches.
- The season is tentatively scheduled to start Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
DEADLINES FOR DROPPING, ADDING AND TRANSFERRING PLAYERS
All Leagues *Drop/Transfer Date -5:00 pm, Friday, July 10, 2020 *Add Date -5:00 pm, Friday, July 17, 2020 GAME LOCATIONS AND TIMES (return to top)
All games are played at the sand courts at Slauson Middle School and Wines Elementary School. Start times for all weekday games will be 6:10, 7:10 and 8:10. Note: 5:10 matches could be scheduled for the Friday and Sunday leagues if the league is large.
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE (return to top)
Click here to register online for a league
Step 1: Register your team on April 13, 2020 (returning captains) or April 14 (any team) and pay the registration / sponsor fee. Get immediate confirmation of league placement by signing up your team online.If you prefer not to register online and would rather pay the sponsor fee with a check or cash, CLICK HERE to download a hard copy of the Team Registration Form
Registration will take place online and at the Rec & Ed office, 1515 S. 7th Street between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm on the dates listed below.
Our address is 1515 S. 7th, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, on the west side of Pioneer High School. Enter off S. 7th Street, using the south driveway near the tennis courts and look for the big blue Rec & Ed sign over our door. Our office faces 7th Street. There is a parking lot for Rec & Ed use.
League Pre-Registration Open Registration Deadline (all leagues) All Leagues Monday, April 13, 2020 Tuesday, April 14, 2020 *Monday, April 20, 2020
Pre-registration is open to all returning Rec & Ed volleyball teams that played in a league during Sand 2019. A team must meet one of the following criteria in order to be considered a returning team:(1) Have a returning sponsor
(2) Have a returning captain
(3) Have two returning players with signatures.Open registration is for all new teams or returning teams that did not participate in the sand league last summer. If your team played last summer, click HERE to see what league your team should sign up for this year.Captains do not need to know WHO all their players are before they register a team. To ensure getting a spot in the league, captains are encouraged to register promptly April 13-14, then finish confirming their players. Team rosters are not due until 5/21/20.ONLINE REGISTRATION IS AVAILABLE for Sponsor / initial registration only.You can sign up your team online. Receive immediate confirmation of your league placement with the same priority as walk-in registrants. Captain’s packet is mailed out within 3 days. NOTE: Online registration is for initial / sponsor registration only, which reserves your team’s spot in the league. Captains will still need to scan by email or come into the office by the contract deadline date to bring in their roster, player contracts, and team fees.Returning captains will receive a code to use to pre-register online. Only returning captains can register online during the pre-registration period (April 13, 2020). Anyone with an online account can register online starting April 14, 2020.You may also register before the start of the registration period, if this is more convenient. Doing so, however, does NOT give you priority over those registrations received by walk-in registration. Registrations received by mail or drop box on or before Monday, April 13, 2020 will be processed after 4:00 PM on April 13 if they are returning teams (new teams will be processed after 4:00 PM on April 14). Priority goes to online and walk-in registrations throughout the registration period.If you requested a captain’s packet, it will be mailed out within three days of registration processing. Please call 734-994-2300 x 0 if you do not receive your packet in a timely fashion. All captain's forms (roster, player contracts, rules) are also available on the website for your convenience.Step 2: Registered captains submit Roster, Player Contracts, and Team Fees by May 21, 2020.
Team rosters, player contracts, and payment forms are available on the Forms & Rules section of this website
NOTE: ROSTERS, CONTRACTS AND TEAM FEES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON DURING BUSINESS HOURS AT THE Rec & Ed OFFICE ON 1515 S. 7th Street. CONTRACTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE COURTS. Captains may send anyone they wish to drop off these items.
FREE AGENTS (return to top)Players who do not have their own team should contact Karen Draves, Volleyball Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in joining a team. A "Free Agent" team may be formed if there is room in the league. SUB POOL (return to top)Players who would like to be substitutes in the sand volleyball league may sign up to be in the "Sub Pool". Sub player contracts CAN BE DOWNLOADED HERE, are available at the Rec & Ed office, on the Forms page online, or from the Team Sports Supervisor (email@example.com). Substitutes must designate themselves as either "A" or "B/C" level players and may sub at their designated level in leagues where they are not already on a team's roster. If you have questions about this or to request a reg form for Sub Pool, contact Karen Draves at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sub Pool Fee: $10 per player
LEAGUE STRUCTURE & CLASSIFICATIONS (return to top)
- All matches consist of three 21-point rally-scored games with a cap of 23.
- All matches are self-officiated.
- Team classifications for returning sand volleyball teams are available from the volleyball supervisor: 734-994-2300 x 53254 or email@example.com. Teams wishing to register for a league other than that which they are classified must fill out an appeal form, which is found on the "forms" page of the volleyball website. League classifications appeals must be completed and submitted to the Volleyball Supervisor at the Rec & Ed Office by 5:00 pm the Friday before team registration begins.
Indoor Volleyball Classification Indoor Volleyball Classification Indoor Volleyball Classification MEN'S INDOOR WOMEN'S INDOOR CO-REC INDOOR A - Power / Advanced Open & AA leagues Open, Major, some AA Open & AA leagues B - Intermediate A and B leagues AA, and A leagues A & B leagues C - Recreation Level /
Minimal Sand experience
B league B League C and Instructional STANDINGS AND STATISTICS (return to top)
- Weekly standings are emailed to captains weekly in a pdf document.
- They are also available on the website HERE.
- They are also available from the court supervisor at the gym, beginning the second week of the season.
- To verify standings, call the statistician at the Rec & Ed office at 994-2300 ext.53218.
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY (return to top)
- Players may participate on only one team in each program. For example, a woman may play on one Women's Doubles team and one Women's Quads team, but not on two Women's doubles teams.
- Men may not play in the women's program but women may play in the men's program.
- Players in the adult league must be at least 16 years old, unless specific permission is requested by the parent and an exception is granted by the Coordinator of Team Sports.
- Players as young as 12 may register for the "JV Triples" league.
- Quads: A minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 12 players
- Doubles: A minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 8 players.
- Uniforms are not required for participation in the Rec & Ed league.
- Individual awards will be given to the champion of each division, league, and playoff.
- Single division leagues with 9 or more teams receive runner-up individual awards.
SAND VOLLEYBALL STAFF (return to top) Seth Dodson
Team Sports Manager994-2300 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org
Adult Team Sports Supervisor
Statistician994-2300 ext. email@example.com
- All teams play 7 matches.