AAPS Strategic Partnership Volunteers
- Are you interested in working with kids?
- Do you have experience or an interest in teaching, tutoring, mentoring or working with English Language learners?
- Are you thinking about becoming a teacher or working in K-12 Education?
- Want to volunteer at a school where you can make the most impact?
Become an AAPS Strategic Partnership Volunteer!
Volunteer as a Strategic Partnership Volunteer: Here's How
**If you only want to volunteer at a specific school or in a specific classroom, please contact that school directly. You do not need to complete the steps below**
- Review Existing Volunteer Opportunities
- Check out our Current Volunteer Opportunities Page.
- Review Volunteer Requirements
- Before volunteering, all frequent volunteers (volunteering on a weekly or biweekly basis) must clear an ICHAT background check, and participate in a required AAPS Volunteer Orientation.
- You will be able to complete both of these steps during the onboarding process.
- Complete the AAPS Volunteer Interest Form
- If you are interested in one of the available volunteer opportunities, complete the AAPS Volunteer Interest Form.
- The AAPS Strategic Partnership Office uses Better Impact (a Volunteer Management System) to manage opportunities.
- Review the Volunteer Placement Process
- Once you complete the AAPS Volunteer Interest form, we will review the information and process your background check
- At this time, you can also complete the required orientation in Better Impact.
- Once your background check has been cleared and you have completed the required orientation, you will be able to see available opportunities.
- Review the opportunities and sign up for the one that most matches your interests.
- Once you sign up for an activity, the AAPS Strategic Partnerships Office will confirm the placement by connecting you with your AAPS Contact.
- It is your responsibility to reach out to the contact to confirm your volunteer schedule and discuss any next steps.
- We highly encourage volunteers to conduct an initial meeting with your AAPS contact once placed and complete the Volunteer/Educator Agreement to learn more about the specifics of your volunteer role.
- Volunteers are typically placed from September-November and then again from January-February.
- It can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month to be placed at a school.
- Check out our Volunteer Resources
Are you a parent of a student or someone who just wants to visit or volunteer at a specific school? Read this!
If you are a parent, family member, college student or community member that only wants to visit or volunteer at a specific school, please contact the school directly.
The Ichat form should be returned to the school you want to volunteer at.
Looking for an after-school opportunity? Check out these Additional Volunteer Opportunities From Our Strategic Partners
- Community Action Network (CAN)
- Peace Neighborhood Center
- Family Learning Institute (FLI)
Questions? Contact Jenn Myers, Community Division Office Professional: email@example.com