ADULT VOLLEYBALL- ANN ARBOR, MI
TEAM SPORTS OFFICE
1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 994-2300 x 53254
email: firstname.lastname@example.org WINTER ADULT VOLLEYBALL
LEAGUES & FEES (BACK TO TOP) LEAGUE FEES: REGISTRATION (SPONSOR) AND TEAM Registration opens Nov 6, 2023 for returning teams. League Entry/Sponsor Fee* Team Fee Non-Res FeeRegistration opens Nov 7, 2023 to the public (due 11/6-11/27/2024) (due by 12/18/2024) Sunday Corec Quads & Monday Corec "Reverse" Quads* $121 $305 $5.00 Men's Open & Women's Open $210 $588 $5.00 Corec 6s: AA, A, B, and C $168 $567 $5.00 Women's 6s: Tweener, AA, A, and B $168 $567 $5.00
Men's 6s: AA, A, and B
$168 $567 $5.00WINTER VOLLEYBALL IS 12 WEEKS.*The league entry / sponsor fee is the initial fee paid by all teams at registration to reserve their spot in the league. All teams pay both the sponsor / registration fee plus the team fee, regardless of whether or not the team has a sponsor.
The non-resident fee applies to all players and substitutes who reside outside the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District.
Corec Quads is a "Call Your Own" recreational league for AA, A & B teams that features a round robin format during the 2-hour weekly sessions.*CoRec Reverse Competitive Quads is for experienced players (2 guys & 2 gals). Rules are the "reverse" of normal Corec competitive play. Only female players may block, or hit in front of the attack line. Games to 21 points, round robin, "call-your-own" format.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A TEAM TO PLAY ON?
Players without a team should contact the League Director at email@example.com or 734-994-2300 x 53254 for help in finding a team that may need a player or substitute.
CLICK HERE FOR LEAGUE LEVELS & DESCRIPTIONS
Sponsor fees are due at the time of registration. The deadline for turning in the team roster, team and non-resident fees is 4:00 pm on December 18, 2023. Any rosters or players submitted after this deadline will be charged a $2 per player late fee. Captains may pay over the phone at 734-994-2300 x 0 between 8:00 am - 4:30 pm or may scan the league director a Credit Card Form to firstname.lastname@example.org.ALL captains must submit a new team roster each season.
SEASON (BACK TO TOP)
- The season is tentatively scheduled to start the week of January 16, 2024.
- All teams play 12 matches.
- No weeknight games during AAPS Mid-Winter Break (Feburary 16-20, 2024).
- No weeknight games during AAPS Spring Break (March 25-29, 2024).
NIGHTS OF PLAY & LEAGUE OFFERINGS
Day League Mondays Corec B 6s, Corec Competitive "Reverse" Quads* Tuesdays All Women's leagues Wednesdays Corec 6s: AA, A, B, and C Thursdays All Men's leagues Sundays Corec Quads: AA, A & B levels
GAME SITES AND TIMES
- All games are played at AAPS Middle Schools. Start times for weeknight matches will be as early as 7:00 pm and as late as 9:50 pm. Sunday Quads is played from 6:30 - 8:30 pm, round robin format.
PRACTICE TIMES AND PERMITS
- Check with the league director email@example.com about practice gym availability for teams to rent in winter
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE (BACK TO TOP)
Registration takes place online on the dates below.
League Pre-Registration Open Registration Deadline All leagues Monday, November 6, 2023 Tuesday, November 7, 2023 Monday, November 27, 2023
All team registrations are due by 4:30 November 27th. Leagues usually fill quickly for Winter Volleyball. Teams are advised to register promptly to be sure of getting a spot. All registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and leagues are closed as they fill, regardless of deadline.Team registration forms and league rules are available on the 'forms & rules' section of this website.
Pre-registration is open to all returning Rec & Ed volleyball teams that played in a league during the previous year. A team must meet one of the following criteria in order to be considered a returning team:
- Have a returning sponsor
- Have a returning captain
- Have four returning players with signatures (2 for quad teams).
Open registration is for all new teams or returning teams that did not participate in the league during the previous year.
ONLINE REGISTRATION (for sponsor / initial registration fee only)
- You can register your team online or over the phone during business hours (8-4:30) at 734-994-2300 x 0. NOTE: Online registration is for initial / sponsor registration only, which reserves your team’s spot in the league. Captains will still need to submit their team roster and additional team fees by the contract deadline to complete their team's registration.
- Only returning captains can register online during the pre-registration day. Returning captains receive a code to use to pre-register online. Anyone can register online after the first day of registration.
- NOTE: ROSTERS AND TEAM FEES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED by email / scan to firstname.lastname@example.org. ROSTERS AND MONEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE GYMS.
PLEASE NOTE: The Rec & Ed office closes at 3 pm on Thursday, December 21, 2023 and will be closed for the holiday break. The office will resume regular business hours at 8 am on Wednesday, January 3rd, 2024.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (BACK TO TOP)
There is no "Sub Pool" for indoor play. Each team must roster its own subs. Players may participate on only one team in each program. For example, a woman may play on one Women's team and one Corec, but not on two Women's teams. Men may not play in the women's program, but women may play in the men's program. Players must be at least 16 years old, unless specific permission is requested by the parent and an exception is granted by the Team Sports Manager.
EXCEPTIONS: A player MAY play on 1 Corec 6-person, 1 Corec Quads team, plus Corec Instructional.
STANDINGS AND STATISTICS
Standings are available on the website. To verify standings, call the statistician at the Rec & ED office at 994-2300 X 53218.
Uniforms are not required for participation in the Rec & Ed Volleyball league.
- Team and individual player awards will be given to the champion of each division, league, and playoff.
- Leagues or Divisions with 9 or more teams receive runner-up individual awards.
- Quads League has individual awards only for first and second place teams.
Teams requesting a sponsor/deposit fee refund must complete and submit a refund request form or email the League Director.
THE REC & ED OFFICE CLOSES ON DEC. 21, 2023,
- Sponsor/Deposit Fee Refund Requests
- Sponsor/Deposit fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 8, 2022 are subject to a $10.00 service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm Thursday, December 15, 2022 will be assessed a 50% (i.e. 1/2 of the sponsor fee) service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted after 5:00 pm December 15, 2022 will be denied.
- Team Fee Refund Requests
All team fees are due before a team's first scheduled game. Refund requests for team fees will be denied.
AND WILL RE-OPEN AT 8 AM ON MONDAY, JAN. 8, 2024.WINTER VOLLEYBALL STAFF
Adult Team Sport Supervisor
(734) 994-2300 x 53254
Team Sports Manager
(734) 994-2300 x 53225
Supervisor for Equipment /League Statistician (734) 994-2300 x 53218
Supervisor for Officials
(734) 994-2300 x 53209