ADULT VOLLEYBALL- ANN ARBOR, MI
TEAM SPORTS OFFICE
1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 994-2300 x 53254
email: firstname.lastname@example.org WINTER ADULT VOLLEYBALL
LEAGUES & FEES (BACK TO TOP) LEAGUE FEES: REGISTRATION (SPONSOR) AND TEAM Registration opens Nov 4, 2019, for returning teams. League Entry/Sponsor Fee* Team Fee Non-Res FeeOpen registration is Nov 5-15, 2019 (due upon registration) (due by 12/17/2019) Corec Sunday Quads $115 $285 $5.00 Men's Open & Women's Open $199 $555 $5.00 CoRec Open (no officials) $199 $379 $5.00 Corec 6s: AA, A, B, and C $159 $535 $5.00 Women's 6s: Tweener, Major, AA, A, B $159 $535 $5.00
Men's 6s: AA, A, B
$159 $535 $5.00WINTER VOLLEYBALL IS 12 WEEKS ( FALL SEASON IS 10 WEEKS).*The league entry / sponsor fee is the initial fee paid by all teams at registration to reserve their spot in the league. All teams pay both the sponsor / registration fee plus the team fee, regardless of whether or not the team has a sponsor.
The non-resident fee applies to all players and substitutes who reside outside the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District.
Corec Quads is a "Call Your Own" recreational league for AA, A & B teams that features a round robin format during the 2-hour weekly sessions.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A TEAM TO PLAY ON?
Players without a team should contact the League Director at email@example.com or 734-994-2300 x 53254 for help in finding a team that may need a player or substitute.
CLICK HERE FOR LEAGUE LEVELS & DESCRIPTIONS
Sponsor fees are due at the time of registration. The deadline for turning in the team roster, team and non-resident fees, and *player contracts is 5:00 pm on Tuesday, December 17, 2019. Any roster submitted after this deadline will be charged a $2 per player late fee. Additional player contracts submitted after the deadline are also charged a $2 late fee. All fees must be paid before the player can be added to the roster. Captains may pay at the Rec & Ed office, 1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor, between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm or may scan the league director a Credit Card Form.ALL captains must submit a new team roster each season. *Captains who had a Fall 2019 team are not required to submit player contracts for their returning winter season players who were also on their team in the Fall. Any new players or subs being added to the team for winter DO need to submit a player contract. Captains that did NOT play fall season must submit player contracts for all players.
DEADLINES FOR DROPPING, ADDING AND TRANSFERRING PLAYERS
All 6-player Leagues *Drop/Transfer Date 5:00 pm, Friday, March 7, 2020 *Add Date 5:00 pm, Friday, March 14, 2020
*$2.00 fee per player "Late Add Fee" will be assessed after December 17, 2019 for transfers / adds.
SEASON (BACK TO TOP)
- The season is tentatively scheduled to start the week of January 6, 2020.
- All teams play 12 matches.
- No week night games during AAPS Spring Break (March 30-April 2, 2020).
NIGHTS OF PLAY & LEAGUE OFFERINGS
Day League Mondays Corec B 6s Tuesdays All Women's leagues Wednesdays Corec 6s: Open, AA, A, B, and C Thursdays All Men's leagues plus Corec C Sundays Corec Quads: AA, A & B levels
GAME SITES AND TIMES
- All games are played at AAPS Middle Schools. Start times for week night matches will be as early as 7:00 pm and as late as 9:50 pm. Sunday Quads is played from 6:30 - 8:30 pm, round robin format.
PRACTICE TIMES AND PERMITS
- Check with the league director firstname.lastname@example.org about practice gym availability for teams to rent in winter
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE (BACK TO TOP)
Registration takes place online or at the Rec & Ed office, 1515 S. 7th Street between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on the dates below.
League Pre-Registration Open Registration Deadline All leagues Monday, November 4, 2019 Tuesday, November 5, 2019 Friday, November 15, 2019
All team registrations are due by 5:00 November 15. Teams registering after this date could be added until November 18 IF THERE IS AN OPENING IN THEIR LEAGUE. Leagues usually fill quickly in Winter Volleyball. Teams are advised to register promptly to assure getting a spot. All registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and leagues are closed as they fill, regardless of deadline.
Captains do not need to know WHO all their players are before they register a team. To ensure getting a spot in the league, captains are encouraged to register promptly during the November Registration week, then finish confirming their players. Team rosters are not due until mid-December.
Team registration forms and player contracts are available on the 'forms & rules' section of this website.
Pre-registration is open to all returning Rec & Ed volleyball teams that played in a league during the previous year. A team must meet one of the following criteria in order to be considered a returning team:
- Have a returning sponsor
- Have a returning captain
- Have four returning players with signatures (2 for quad teams).
Open registration is for all new teams or returning teams that did not participate in the league during the previous year.
You may send in your team’s initial registration form and sponsor fee in several ways:
1) By Mail: Mark envelope “ Adult Volleyball League” and send it to 1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor MI 48103.
2) By Drop Box: Mark envelope “Adult Volleyball League” and place in our drop box at 1515 S. 7th St, Ann Arbor. The drop box is located inside the foyer and is accessible 24 hours a day.
3) ONLINE REGISTRATION (for sponsor / initial registration fee only)
- You can sign up your team online. Receive immediate confirmation of your league placement with the same priority as walk-in registrants. Captain’s packet is mailed out within 3 days. NOTE: Online registration is for initial / sponsor registration only, which reserves your team’s spot in the league. Captains will still need to come into the office by the contract deadline date to bring in their roster, player contracts, team fee, and non-resident fees.
- Only returning captains can register online during the pre-registration day. Returning captains receive a code to use to pre-register online. Anyone with an online account can register online after the first day of registration.
You may drop off your registration before the start of the registration period, if this is more convenient (not available for online registration). Doing so, however, does NOT give you priority over those registrations received by walk-in or online registration. Priority is given to online and walk-in registrations throughout the registration period.
If you requested a captain’s packet, it will be mailed out within three days of registration processing. Please call 994-2300 x 0 if you do not receive your packet in a timely fashion. Team rosters, player contracts and rules are also available on the website.NOTE: ROSTERS, CONTRACTS AND TEAM FEES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON DURING BUSINESS HOURS AT THE REC OFFICE ON 1515 S. 7th Street or scanned in a single multi-page scan to email@example.com. CONTRACTS AND MONEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE GYMS. Captains may send anyone they wish to drop off these items.
PLEASE NOTE: The Rec & Ed office closes at 3 pm on Friday, December 20, 2019 and will be closed for the two-week holiday break. The office will resume regular business hours at 8 am on Monday, January 6, 2020.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (BACK TO TOP)
There is no "Sub Pool" for indoor play. Each team must roster its own subs. Players may participate on only one team in each program. For example, a woman may play on one Women's team and one Corec, but not on two Women's teams. Men may not play in the women's program, but women may play in the men's program. Players must be at least 16 years old, unless specific permission is requested by the parent and an exception is granted by the Team Sports Manager.
EXCEPTIONS: A player MAY play on 1 Corec 6-person, 1 Corec Quads team, plus Corec Instructional.
STANDINGS AND STATISTICS
Weekly standings are emailed to captains weekly in a pdf document. They are also available on the website: http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us or from the site supervisor at the gym beginning the second week of the season. To verify standings, call the statistician at the Rec & ED office at 994-2300 ext.53218.
Uniforms are recommended but not required for participation in the Rec & Ed league.
- Team and individual player awards will be given to the champion of each division, league, and playoff.
- League or Divisions with 9 or more teams receive runner-up individual awards.
- Quads League has individual awards only for first and second place teams.
Teams requesting a sponsor/deposit fee refund must complete and submit a refund request form or email the League Director.
THE REC & ED OFFICE CLOSES ON DEC. 20, 2019,
- Sponsor/Deposit Fee Refund Requests
- Sponsor/Deposit fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 5, 2019 are subject to a $10.00 service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm Thursday, December 12, 2019 will be assessed a 50% (i.e. 1/2 of the sponsor fee) service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted after 5:00 pm December 12, 2019 will be denied.
- Team Fee Refund Requests
All team fees are due before a team's first scheduled game. Refund requests for team fees will be denied.
AND WILL RE-OPEN AT 8 AM ON MONDAY, JAN. 6, 2020.WINTER VOLLEYBALL STAFF
Team Sports Manager
994-2300 ext. 53226 Karen Draves
Adult Team Sport Supervisor
994-2300 ext. 53218 Rick Mull
Supervisor for Officials
994-2300 ext. 53209