ADULT VOLLEYBALL- ANN ARBOR, MI
TEAM SPORTS OFFICE
1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
(734) 994-2300 x 53254
email: email@example.com WINTER ADULT VOLLEYBALLNOTE: We follow the AAPS Covid protocols, which currently require face masks to be worn by everyone in the gym, including during play, regardless of vaccination status. As protocols change, this will be updated.
LEAGUES & FEES (BACK TO TOP) LEAGUE FEES: REGISTRATION (SPONSOR) AND TEAM Registration opens Nov 1, 2021, for returning teams. League Entry/Sponsor Fee* Team Fee Non-Res FeeOpen registration is Nov 2-12, 2021 (due upon registration) (due by 12/15/2021) Corec Sunday Quads & Monday Corec "Reverse" Quads* $115 $285 $5.00 Men's Open & Women's Open $199 $555 $5.00 CoRec Open (no officials) $199 $379 $5.00 Corec 6s: AA, A, B, and C $159 $535 $5.00 Women's 6s: Tweener, Major, AA, A, B $159 $535 $5.00
Men's 6s: AA, A, B
$159 $535 $5.00WINTER VOLLEYBALL IS 12 WEEKS.*The league entry / sponsor fee is the initial fee paid by all teams at registration to reserve their spot in the league. All teams pay both the sponsor / registration fee plus the team fee, regardless of whether or not the team has a sponsor.
The non-resident fee applies to all players and substitutes who reside outside the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District.
Corec Quads is a "Call Your Own" recreational league for AA, A & B teams that features a round robin format during the 2-hour weekly sessions.*CoRec Reverse Competitive Quads is for experienced players (2 guys & 2 gals). Rules are the "reverse" of normal Corec competitive play. Only female players may block, or hit in front of the attack line. Games to 21 points, round robin, "call-your-own" format.
WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE A TEAM TO PLAY ON?
Players without a team should contact the League Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-994-2300 x 53254 for help in finding a team that may need a player or substitute.
CLICK HERE FOR LEAGUE LEVELS & DESCRIPTIONS
Sponsor fees are due at the time of registration. The deadline for turning in the team roster, team and non-resident fees is 5:00 pm on December 15, 2021. Any rosters or players submitted after this deadline will be charged a $2 per player late fee. Captains may pay over the phone at 734-994-2300 x 0 between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm or may scan the league director a Credit Card Form to email@example.com.ALL captains must submit a new team roster each season.
DEADLINES FOR DROPPING, ADDING AND TRANSFERRING PLAYERS
All 6-player Leagues *Drop/Transfer Date 5:00 pm, Friday, March 11, 2022 *Add Date 5:00 pm, Friday, March 18, 2022
*$2.00 fee per player "Late Add Fee" will be assessed after December 14, 2021 for transfers / adds.
SEASON (BACK TO TOP)
- The season is tentatively scheduled to start the week of January 3, 2022.
- All teams play 12 matches.
- No week night games during AAPS Spring Break (March 28-April 1, 2022).
NIGHTS OF PLAY & LEAGUE OFFERINGS
Day League Mondays Corec B 6s, Corec Competitive "Reverse" Quads* Tuesdays All Women's leagues Wednesdays Corec 6s: Open, AA, A, B, and C Thursdays All Men's leagues Sundays Corec Quads: AA, A & B levels
GAME SITES AND TIMES
- All games are played at AAPS Middle Schools. Start times for week night matches will be as early as 7:00 pm and as late as 9:50 pm. Sunday Quads is played from 6:30 - 8:30 pm, round robin format.
PRACTICE TIMES AND PERMITS
- Check with the league director firstname.lastname@example.org about practice gym availability for teams to rent in winter
REGISTRATION PROCEDURE (BACK TO TOP)
Registration takes place online on the dates below.
League Pre-Registration Open Registration Deadline All leagues Monday, November 1, 2021 Tuesday, November 2, 2021 Friday, November 12, 2021
All team registrations are due by 5:00 November 12. Teams attempting to register after this date could be added until November 15 IF THERE IS AN OPENING IN THEIR LEAGUE. Leagues usually fill quickly in Winter Volleyball. Teams are advised to register promptly to assure getting a spot. All registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and leagues are closed as they fill, regardless of deadline.Team registration forms and league rules are available on the 'forms & rules' section of this website.
Pre-registration is open to all returning Rec & Ed volleyball teams that played in a league during the previous year. A team must meet one of the following criteria in order to be considered a returning team:
- Have a returning sponsor
- Have a returning captain
- Have four returning players with signatures (2 for quad teams).
Open registration is for all new teams or returning teams that did not participate in the league during the previous year.
ONLINE REGISTRATION (for sponsor / initial registration fee only)
NOTE: ROSTERS AND TEAM FEES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED by email / scan to email@example.com. ROISTERS AND MONEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE GYMS.
- You can sign up your team online or over the phoone during business hours (8-5) at 734-994-2300 x 0. Receive immediate confirmation of your league placement. NOTE: Online registration is for initial / sponsor registration only, which reserves your team’s spot in the league. Captains will still need to submit their team roster and fees by the contract deadline to complete their team's registration.
- Only returning captains can register online during the pre-registration day. Returning captains receive a code to use to pre-register online. Anyone can register online after the first day of registration.
PLEASE NOTE: The Rec & Ed office closes at 3 pm on Friday, December 17, 2021 and will be closed for the two-week holiday break. The office will resume regular business hours at 8 am on Monday, January 3, 2022.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (BACK TO TOP)
There is no "Sub Pool" for indoor play. Each team must roster its own subs. Players may participate on only one team in each program. For example, a woman may play on one Women's team and one Corec, but not on two Women's teams. Men may not play in the women's program, but women may play in the men's program. Players must be at least 16 years old, unless specific permission is requested by the parent and an exception is granted by the Team Sports Manager.
EXCEPTIONS: A player MAY play on 1 Corec 6-person, 1 Corec Quads team, plus Corec Instructional.
STANDINGS AND STATISTICS
Weekly standings are emailed to captains weekly in a pdf document. They are also available on the website: http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us or from the site supervisor at the gym beginning the second week of the season. To verify standings, call the statistician at the Rec & ED office at 994-2300 ext.53218.
Uniforms are recommended but not required for participation in the Rec & Ed league.
- Team and individual player awards will be given to the champion of each division, league, and playoff.
- League or Divisions with 9 or more teams receive runner-up individual awards.
- Quads League has individual awards only for first and second place teams.
Teams requesting a sponsor/deposit fee refund must complete and submit a refund request form or email the League Director.
THE REC & ED OFFICE CLOSES ON DEC. 17, 2021,
- Sponsor/Deposit Fee Refund Requests
- Sponsor/Deposit fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 2, 2021 are subject to a $10.00 service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm Thursday, December 9, 2021 will be assessed a 50% (i.e. 1/2 of the sponsor fee) service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted after 5:00 pm December 9, 2021 will be denied.
- Team Fee Refund Requests
All team fees are due before a team's first scheduled game. Refund requests for team fees will be denied.
AND WILL RE-OPEN AT 8 AM ON MONDAY, JAN. 3, 2022.WINTER VOLLEYBALL STAFF
Team Sports Manager
734-994-2300 ext. 53226 Karen Draves
Adult Team Sport Supervisor
734-994-2300 ext. 53218 Rick Mull
Supervisor for Officials
734-994-2300 ext. 53209