PTO Council Mission & Strategies
Mission: Our charter is to contribute to quality schools and facilitate parent involvement by helping identify and resolve common issues, and by promoting and sharing ideas and innovations. Please also see our by-laws.
In order to accomplish our mission, the PTO Council has identified in strategic planning sessions, the following vital areas of importance:
- Communicate – establish and implement regular communication opportunities for members and community
- Manage a Resource Center – create a physical and digital database of enrichment, volunteer, best practice, PTO officer roles and other PTO information
- Share Best Practices – collect and share PTO learning and experiences
- Provide Economies of Scale – coordinate opportunities across PTOs to maximize use of funds and volunteer time
- Advocate for Macro Issues – identify issues and actively participate in decision-making processes on behalf of member PTOs and PTSOs
(Thinking of Reviewing your By-Laws? Click Here for a checklist.)
The Ann Arbor PTO Council is a social welfare organization under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code. While it is not organized for profit, donations are not tax-deductible.