In November 2012, Michigan adopted the World-Class Instructional Design & Assessment (WIDA) standards for English language learners (ELLs). More information about WIDA can be found in the links below.
WIDA ACCESS Placement Notification Letters
WIDA ACCESS Placement Test (W-APT)
W-APT stands for the WIDA-ACCESS Placement Test. It is an English language proficiency "screener" test given to incoming students who may be designated as English language learners. It assists educators with programmatic placement decisions such as identification and placement of ELLs. The W-APT is one component of WIDA's comprehensive assessment system.
W-APT Placement Notification Letters
* We begin using the 1-5 WAPT forms during December of 1st grade. For Kindergarten and the beginning of 1st grade, we use the K-1 WAPT form.
Entrance & Exit Protocol
Decline Services Form
* This is part of the Placement Notification Letter (PNL) in the column to the left.
AAPS Title III Complaint Procedures
- Title III Complaint - English
- Title III Complaint - Arabic
- Title III Complaint - Spanish
- Title III Complaint - Korean
- Title III Complaint - Japanese