InfoSnap Frequently Asked Questions
Please read through our frequently asked questions carefully for important information and helpful tips about our online registration process.
What do I need to complete the online registration process?
- A desktop computer, laptop computer, tablet or smartphone with Internet access
- An InfoSnap registration snapcode (for returning students only)
What if I do not have the above items or need assistance registering online?
The following locations have public internet computers:
- Ann Arbor Public Libraries
- Your school has a computer available for parents to use. Please call ahead to let them know you are coming.
- If you have a device, but need Wi-Fi access for your device, you may want to visit public locations with free Wi-Fi, such as local restaurants, coffee shops, etc.
What information is needed to complete the online registration process?
To save time and prevent any mistakes while during your online registration, please make sure you have all of your required information at hand before you begin the process. Examples include:
- Student-specific information, such as the child’s unique medical information
- Phone numbers for emergency contacts
Which documents have to be verified at the school for registration?
- Any returning students who have address changes MUST provide two (2) acceptable proofs of residence to their school prior to being approved for registration.
- New students, including ALL Kindergartners, must bring residency documents to the school, along with all other required documentation not yet on file at the school.
- For a complete list of enrollment requirements and acceptable forms of proof, please see the last page of this FAQ.
- Returning students with no address changes are NOT required to bring proof to registration.
What is a snapcode?
The snapcode is a key to your student’s data for the upcoming school year. You should receive a unique snapcode for each of your students. Since this is an email, you see a link that includes the snapcode. Using the link in the email sent to you automatically inserts your students unique snapcode for you.
Should I create an infosnap account?
If you have never completed online registration through infosnap, you will have to create a new account. The account will allow you to securely save your information and access it later if necessary. Your email address can be utilized to create the account.
I had to reset my password and I don't see my student's registration for the upcoming school year.
After a password reset, come back to this email and click on the snapcode link above to reconnect to this year's forms.
Do I need more than one infosnap account if I have more than one child?
No. If you are registering more than one child, you can utilize the same account, but you will have to enter each child’s unique snapcode. If the additional child is new to the District, he/she WILL NOT have a snapcode and must be registered as a new student.
What if I have more than one child in the District?
Each child will have to be registered through the online process. After completing registration for one child, a parent can simply click a link to begin registration for a second child. After entering the snapcode for the second child, some family information will automatically carry over to the second child’s registration, saving the parent time. If the second child is new to the District, he/she WILL NOT have a snapcode and must be registered as a new student.
How do I know if I am enrolling a new or returning student?
If your child ended the 2020-21 school year at an Ann Arbor Public School and received a snapcode, he/she is considered a returning student. All other students should be registered as new students.
Do I have to answer all questions in the online registration application?
Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) require a response, and the process is not complete until those questions are answered.
What if I make a mistake?
If you would like to make a change during the online registration process, click on the underlined field on the review page, or click “< Prev>” to return to a previous page. If you need to make changes after you submit the application, you will have to visit your child’s school to do so.
What if some of the pre-populated information was wrong when I logged into my online registration?
If the information pre-populated in the online application is incorrect, either due to an accidental data entry error or because information on your child’s original enrollment was incorrect, please submit legal documentation to the child’s assigned school for verification and correction. We can make corrections in our student information system for misspelled names, incorrect birthdays, wrong social security numbers, incorrect addresses, misspelled parent names, custody alerts, legal name changes, etc., but we must have legal documentation from a parent/legal guardian before we can make changes to the child’s official school record.
How long will it take to complete online registration?
If there are no special circumstances, it should take no more than 20 minutes to complete online registration for each child.
If none of my child’s information changed, do I still need to do the online registration process?
Yes. Yearly registration is required for all students. This year, ALL registration will be completed ONLINE. There is a handy 'Registration Confirmation Receipt' available after you submit that you can print or download and bring to high school registrations.
Are there any other forms I have to fill out at the school? What about homeroom assignments and schedules?
There are NO additional paper-based forms needed to complete the registration process; however, there may be additional school specific information, such as schedules, PTO or booster membership, before/after care sign-up, parking passes, permission slips, and information about sports teams, clubs, etc., that you may want to inquire about at the school site.
I'm having trouble using the online registration system. Who should I contact for help?
- If your child is a returning student and you did not receive a snapcode, whenever possible please contact your child’s assigned school, or you may contact Student Accounting at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are having difficulty getting online (Internet access), website access, difficulty understanding the application, answering questions, you need computer access or you do not understand how to use the registration portal, please contact your child’s school for assistance.
- If you are having issues with the PowerSchool Enrollment (aka Infosnap) program, such as if you have forgotten the unique username and password you created for online registration or if the username and/or password is not working, please contact infosnap for real time assistance by online chat or phone or by email:
I have completed the online registration process. What is next?
Once all information has been entered for the student with an electronic signature, click “Submit.” A preview page will appear to review information entered for each page letting the parent know if any required fields are missing. If you are a returning student and address information has not changed from the previous year, the process is complete. If you are a returning student and address information has changed, the parent MUST visit the school to present new residency documents. All students new to the district MUST visit the school to present ALL residency and registration documents for verification. There is a handy 'Registration Confirmation Receipt' available after you submit that you can print or download and bring to high school registrations.
We are new to the district or have moved since the end of last school year. What documents do I need to bring to the school?
Please CLICK HERE for required document information.