Online Free and Reduced Family Meal application for 2021-2022 
    Helpful Hint: When filling out income you need to put your Gross income (this is before taxes and benefits are taken out) Not the amount that is deposited into your bank account.
    Online application to return in August  
    You can use your phone or tablet as well as a computer to apply!
    The on-line application is free, easy and the fastest way to apply for meal benefits!
     We suggest using Google Chrome to open the online application.
    To open in other browsers (Safari, etc.) please make sure you are using the most up-to-date version



    Below are the Free and Reduced Family Meal applications 
     2021-2022 Meal application will be posted in August
    Free and reduced meal applications in other languages. Please call the Food Service Office if you need a different language than what is listed below
    If you need a paper application mailed to you please contact the Food Service Office at: 734-994-2265
    You can return the Paper Free and Reduced meal application to your childs school or
    Mail it back to:
    Ann Arbor Public Schools Food Service
    601 W. Stadium Blvd.
    Ann Arbor MI 48103
    Applications will also be available at Peace Neighborhood Center, all Community Action Network (CAN) Locations and Avalon Housing Locations.
    Ann Arbor Public Schools is pleased to anounce that 4 of our schools are now participating in the Community Eligiblity Provision (CEP) program as part of the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program for the 2020/2021 school year. The Great News is that all students in the 4 schools listed below will be able to eat breakfast and lunch free of charge. We just need you to fill out the Household information Report . Only fill this form out if you have a student at one of the 4 schools listed below. Just click on the link, print it, fill it out and return it to the Food Service associate in one of the schools listed below. 
    Mitchell Elementary
    Pittsfield Elementary
    Scarlett Middle School
    Pathways to Success Alternative High School
    AAPS & Chartwells Meal Charging Policy

    In the event a student does not have sufficient funds in hand or in their account to pay for a school meal, the student will be allowed to charge a meal to their account. This policy prohibits AAPS and food service staff from:

    • identifying students who cannot pay for a school meal or owe a negative balance in any way such as wristbands, or handstamps,
    • make students perform chores or work to pay for their meals,
    • dispose of a meal after it has been served due to an unpaid meal balance,
    • have direct communication with students about their unpaid balance unless all communication channels have been exhausted with the parent/ guardian, and
    • discuss negative meal balance with the student in the presence of other students.

    Parents/guardians are encouraged to pay for the charged meal as soon as possible, as all unpaid balances must be paid in full by the end of each semester (or trimester). Parents/guardians of students who charge meals will be encouraged to apply for free or reduced priced meals.



    In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S.Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color,national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

    Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program infromation may be made available in languages other than English.

    To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form' (AD-3027) found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint filing cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

          1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

          2) Fax: (202) 690-7442, Or

          3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.