Forsythe Middle School
Dress Code Guidelines
Below are guidelines that students are asked to adhere to regarding their school attire.
- Students are expected to wear shorts/skirts/dresses/pants that come to at least mid-thigh.
- Students who choose to wear leggings should make sure that the leggings are not see through, and that undergarments and body parts are not visible through the fabric.
- The straps on shirts need to be thick enough in width to cover undergarments.
- Shirts should have full side seams.
- Both boys and girls need to wear shirts that cover the midriff area and chest.
- Undergarments should not be visible.
- Hats, hoods, and bandanas may not be worn inside of the school building (except for religious and/or medical purposes).
- Pants and shorts to be fitted or belted at the waist to prevent sagging below the waistline.
- Clothing may not depict or advertise weapons, alcohol, drugs, drug paraphernalia, obscene language or images, or threats.
- Pajamas and slippers may not be worn, except during Spirit Week activities.
Students who decide not to follow the dress code guidelines will be addressed in a respectful manner and will be asked to change their clothes or to contact a parent to bring a change of clothes to the school.