Start earning money for Thurston Elementary while doing your regular shopping! A few minutes of your time can earn hundreds of dollars at no cost to you.
Raise money for Thurston every time you shop!
Start earning money for Thurston Elementary while doing your regular shopping! A few minutes of your time can earn hundreds of dollars at no cost to you. Now is a great time to sign up for (or renew) your store fundraising accounts!
Currently only a small fraction of Thurston families are participating. Please take a few minutes to set up or renew your accounts, and you will earn money for your school every time you shop! To make it easier, we've included step-by-step instructions below:
- To enroll in Cash for Education, you must have a MyWay account. If you are already a Busch’s member, log in to your MyWay account through buschs.com/MyWay and find "Cash for Education" under "Community" on the menu.
- Choose Thurston PTO from the list of organizations (for all quarters) and every purchase you make will earn rewards.
- Select up to four organizations that you would like to support for each quarter using the drop down menu. Purchases will be allocated equally between your chosen organizations.
- Participants will be required to re-enroll on an annual basis. You will receive an email reminder before the next year’s enrollment begins.
- Just be sure to use your MyWay card or phone number at checkout.
- You must have a valid email address and opt in to receive emails to participate in this program. You can check this information under My Account > Account Holder when logged into MyWay.
- Busch's will sometimes update accounts after one year, so check the Community tab periodically to make sure Thurston is still receiving your rewards.
You can learn more about the Cash for Education program and sign up here at www.buschs.com/community
- Get a Kroger Plus Card at the customer service desk or use the one you already have.
- To start earning Kroger’s Community Rewards program, you need to create an account at kroger.com. Go to Create an Account and type in your name and Kroger Plus card number. If you already have a digital account, please ensure you have a Plus Card linked to your account.
- Click on My Account and scroll to the bottom where it says Community Rewards
- Click Enroll and fill out the required information
- You will now be able to search for and select the organization you want to link your card with. Search for Thurston PTO (organization number VY999) and click Enroll.
- Scan your Kroger Plus card whenever you check out. Kroger often offers special discounts to cardholders in addition to the community rewards program.
Note: Kroger requires everyone to re-enroll after April 30th!
Ann Arbor PTO Thrift Shop
General Fundraising - Other Example of Past Events
Black Tie Blue Jeans Fundraiser
An evening of fun, food, and bidding. BTBJ is a chance for Thurston adults to gather together to enjoy good company, good atmosphere, and good food while supporting Thurston PTO efforts. Both silent and live auctions will offer wonderful and unique local items, and one-of-a-kind experiences for you and your family. Get a sitter for this off-site event and come enjoy an evening out while you have fun with the adults you’ll be volunteering, interacting, and planning play dates with throughout the year!
The Fun Run is one of the school’s main fundraisers of the year. On the day of the event the kids will be running (or walking, or skipping, or jogging) to their favorite songs as they traverse a course set up on the school grounds. Prior to the event, students collect pledges for their run. The proceeds are used by the Thurston PTO to fund budget items such as providing field trip transportation, teacher grants, building beautification, and other school programs.
All students participate in the fun of the run regardless of pledges received. There are also incentives for participation given to individuals and classrooms through the pledge process. The event occurs during the school day. All parents and relatives are encouraged to come and cheer for their child’s grade.
Winter Carnival and New Book Sale
Thurston families enjoy an indoor carnival in the evening with activities, games, and prizes. Classrooms throughout the school are converted into game/activity rooms, and students have the opportunity to play games and win prizes. Some of the fun activities include a balloon artist, a cake walk (where students can win a cake or baked treat), face painting, raffles and food for sale.
The Scholastic Book Fair is traditionally held on the same night as the Carnival. Working together with our Media Specialist, we will transform our library into a lively bookstore. The prices are the same as you would pay at the store and a percentage of sales are used to purchase library books. The books for sale are handpicked by the school librarian for children up through 5th grade.
Snow Cone Social and Used Book Sale
Enjoy an evening outdoors where students can participate in a variety of games and activities, face painting, bubbles, hand-made snow cones, and a delicious assortment of food from locally owned businesses. The Snow Cone Social is a great time for parents to connect with other families and reflect on the school year. All games and activities are free; snow cones and other food are available for purchase.
The used book sale is held on the same night as the Snow Cone Social. It fills the entire MPR with books of all genres, for all ages. Books are donated by Thurston families, as well as members of the community. Families and community members look forward to sifting through the plethora of reasonably priced books. Students are traditionally given a free book coupon and have the opportunity to select a book before the sale opens to the public.