Standard Scholarship Program Information
Who is Eligible for the Standard Scholarship Program?
This Scholarship program is available to individuals and families who live within the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District and have documented income/support that falls within specific HUD income guidelines.
- If you have children who are 18 years or older and not attending high school but are living in your household, they will need to fill out their own application.
- If you have grandparents or relatives living in your household, then they will need to fill out their own application.
When Should I Apply?
Early! Please submit your Scholarship Application and required documentation at least 10 business days before any class/activity/camp registration is scheduled to begin. There are numerous registrations throughout the year and it takes time to review and process each scholarship application. Apply as early as possible to avoid registration delays. Rec & Ed class/activity/camp registrations cannot be processed until we have an approved scholarship on file or full payment is received.
**Please note that we are not able to refund fees or retroactively apply this scholarship to previously enrolled classes/activities/camps.**
How Do I Apply?
1. Use our new scholarship application system, Submittable to complete your application.
2. If you are not able to fill out the application online, call us at 734-994-2300 x 0 or send an email to email@example.com to request a paper application
3. Provide the following REQUIRED verification:
- Verification of residency within the AAPS district by submitting a copy of your valid driver’s license, a valid State ID or a current signed lease agreement.
- Verification of your income/support by providing a copy of recent tax forms, a copy of your W-2’s and two current pay checks.
- If you are self-employed, please provide a copy of your Schedule C.
- Based on income/support provided, alternative or additional documentation may be required.
4. Submit your application and documentation on Submittable or one of the ways listed below:
- Drop off at our office during the business hours: Monday-Thursday 9a-4p
- Use the secure drop box located on the exterior wall (between doors #57 & #58) on the S. 7th Street side of our building.
- Email all forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 734-994-2300 x 53244 to set up an appointment.
- Mail to: “Rec & Ed Scholarships” at 1515 S 7th St, Ann Arbor, MI 48103
You will receive an email regarding your application status within 5-7 business days from the date we receive your completed application.
What Benefits Does the Rec & Ed Scholarship provide to an Individual or Family for Classes/Activities or Camps?
Individuals or families approved under this program will either be eligible for a 100% fee waiver or a 50% fee waiver based on the documented income/support level. Each approved individual or family member may use the scholarship fee waiver/reduction for (1) Rec & Ed class/ activity for our Fall, Winter and Spring terms & 2 classes/activities or 1 camp (youth only) & 1 class/activity for our Summer term.
Are There Any Additional Costs or Exclusions for Rec & Ed Classes/Activities/Camps?
Scholarship recipients over 18 years of age are required to pay a minimum $5.00 co-pay at the time of class/activity registration. Some classes/activities/camps may indicate additional fees or specific scholarship co-pays. Some of our classes/activities/camps may be excluded from the scholarship program or have a limited number of available spaces.
Does this Scholarship Program Apply to the Before and After School Programs?
Yes! You just need to complete the additional section on the application labeled “Before & After School Care Program”. Based on your family income level, your child(ren) will be awarded a 25%, 50% or 75% fee reduction of the “standard” fees for before and after care sessions. (Fee reductions do not apply to the enrollment fee, late payment or late pick-up fees)
How Do I Register for Classes/Activities/Classes Using a Scholarship?
Once you receive the email that states your scholarship award and the enrollment period has opened for registration, please call our office (734-994-2300 x 0) during our normal business hours (M-F from 8am-5pm) for assistance with registration. (We do save a specific number of spaces in all of our classes/camps, specifically for scholarship recipients.) You must call our office to register because our on-line registration system is not able to process scholarship or discount registrations. We encourage you to register early as spaces fill up quickly.
You will receive confirmation of your registration by email once your registration has been processed.
How Long Does the Scholarship Last?
Scholarships approved under this program will begin the date the scholarship is approved and will expire on the first of the following month of the following year. This scholarship must be renewed each year.
How Can I find Out More Information?
- View the Rec & Ed Scholarships FAQs
- Questions, concerns, or requests for additional information, please email: email@example.com