Mitchell Elementary School is authorized as a World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP).
Students and families who want an exceptional educational experience choose the PYP at Mitchell because it includes
- Six subject areas: language, mathematics, science, social studies, arts, and physical and health education
- A track record of success with a wide variety of students, learners and families
- Support from our partnership with the University of Michigan School of Education
- A balanced approach to instruction including defined social emotional learning strategies through the use of:
- Student developed inquiries: investigations and experiences about important ideas that allow for a high level of engagement
- Student experiences that connect to local and global communities: who we are, where are we in place and time, how we express ourselves, how the world works, how we organize ourselves, sharing the planet
- World language instruction: students in Kindergarten through grade 2 learn Spanish while students in grade 3 through grade 5 choose between Spanish and Arabic
- The Fifth Grade Exhibition: students carry out an extended, collaborative inquiry project with teacher guidance.
For more Primary Years Programme information, please visit our Parent Resources section.
Questions can be directed to:
K-12 Ann Arbor International Baccalaureate Facilitator
Ann Arbor Public Schools