Huron High School is authorized as a World School by the International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the Diploma Programme (DP).
What is the Diploma Programme all about?
Students and families who want an exceptional educational experience will choose the DP at Huron because it includes:
- A comprehensive DP course offerings in the six different DP subject areas. All Huron DP course descriptions can be found in the high school course selection guide.
- Language and Literature with courses in Literature HL and Language and Literature HL
- Language Acquisition with courses in Arabic SL/HL, Chinese (Mandarin) SL/HL, French SL/HL, German SL/HL, Latin SL/HL, and Spanish SL/HL
- Individuals and Societies with courses in History SL/HL, Psychology SL, Global Politics SL, and Business and Management SL
- Science with courses in Biology SL/HL, Chemistry SL/HL, Physics SL/HL, Computer Sciences SL/HL, Environmental Systemsn and Societies SL
- Math with courses in Math Analysis and Approaches SL/HL, Math Applications and Interpretations HL/SL
- Arts with courses in Visual Arts SL/HL, Film SL/HL, and Music SL (performance based to integrate with current music group)
- Potential college credit for the successful completion of DP courses: the most recent data about college acceptance rates for students who hold IB diplomas reveals how U.S. based colleges and universities hold the IB credential in high regard.
- Opportunities that promote a well-rounded educational experience
- Creativity, Activity, and Service (CAS) learning opportunities that strengthen student involvement in local, state, national, and global communities
- The Extended Essay: the creation of a college-level research essay which is a culminating educational experience that ties the learned curriculum to each students interests
- Theory of Knowledge: A college-level course that asks students to reflect on the nature of knowledge and on how they know what they claim to know.
- Extracurricular choices:
- Sports: The ability to play for 42 sports teams
- Music: The chance to be a part of Huron’s Grammy©-Winning Music Program
- Clubs: The ability to participate in 67 Huron Clubs
- A diverse environment and student body
- Academic pathways in 11th and 12th: Choose Your "IB Best Fit"
Huron High School offers International Baccalaureate (IB) pathways that allows for students to choose their “IB best fit” in 11th and 12th grade. "IB best fit" choices include:
- Course student - a student chooses to take one or more Diploma Programme (DP) courses during 11th and 12th grad
- Career-related Programme (CP) student - a career and technical education focused student chooses to take two or more DP courses and completes the CP Core during 11th and 12th grade
- Full Diploma Programme student (i.e. DP candidate) - a student chooses to take six DP courses and completes the DP Core (Extended Essay; Creativity, Activity and Service; Theory of Knowledge course) during 11th and 12th grade. Students who complete the Full Diploma will be taking part of the most rigorous and balanced comprehensive high school curriculum offered.
For IB Options for Huron's Class of 2023, click here:
Questions can be directed to:
IB 11th/12th Facilitator for CP and DP
Ann Arbor Public Schools
PreK-12 Ann Arbor International Baccalaureate Facilitator
Ann Arbor Public Schools