Penguin Points… A Message from Principal Carol Shakarian September 2017
Living Our Mission Statement – Pittsfield’s Mission Statement is powerful in its simplicity: Achievement For All in a Safe, Nurturing Setting.
Positively Pittsfield! –Let me take this opportunity to welcome all families new or returning to Pittsfield Elementary; we are proud that you have chosen Pittsfield Elementary as your child’s home away from home! Welcome to Pittsfield as we embark on our 73rd year of “Serving Our Community”. Our school numbers are currently up from last year. This is a great trend as families seek to bring their child to our friendly neighborhood school!
New faces this year include the following professional staff:
- Mr. Craig Beery, Instrumental Music Teacher
- Ms. Lyndsay Burke, Vocal Music Teacher
- Ms. Tina Champagne, Physical Education Teacher
- Ms. Malek Dari, Paraprofessional
- Mr. Brian Dickerson, Intervention Specialist
- Ms. Jessica Domangue, Special Education Teacher
- Ms. Audra Iadipaolo, Paraprofessional
- Ms. Eleni Kastanis, Y5’s Teacher
- Ms. Rez Kayto, 4th-Grade Teacher
- Ms. Brittany Osman, Instrumental Music Teacher
- Ms. Jennifer Wade, Building Literacy Expert
New to Before / After School Childcare:
- Mr. Benjamin Patterson joins Ms. Tamiko Davis
Anti-Bullying Curriculum Month - September is Anti-Bullying Curriculum month at Pittsfield Elementary. Each teacher facilitates grade-specific anti-bullying curriculum with either ‘Take A Stand’ curriculum or another set of lessons developed to promote positive citizenship, mutual respect, and prevent bullying, interpersonal conflict and violence.
Students with severe allergies attend school here! The time you take to make food considerations on behalf of our severely allergic children will help keep the children safe and healthy! While our building is not completely free of nuts, there are strict regulations in areas of the school where students with severe allergies live each day. Your child’s teacher will inform you if his / her classroom has a prohibition of a specific food (e.g. nuts, milk, eggs, wheat, shellfish etc.).
Facilities Improvements – Technology bond dollars provided the following improvements:
- New cement work in the parking lot / sidewalk
- New classroom furniture
Till Next Month,
Principal Carol Shakarian