Extended Day Program
2022-2023 School Year
Registration for the 2022-2023 EDP is open for Abbot, Carpenter, Lakewood, Mitchell, and Pittsfield schools here.
- The price of the program will be divided into ten equal payments in a payment plan.
- Extended Day Program Extended Day Program Parent Handbook
Extended Day Program - Before/After Care
We understand how important before and after school care is to working families in AAPS. Rec & Ed's Before/After Care program promotes children's wellbeing through enrichment activities, positive relationships, and a safe environment. Rec & Ed is actively hiring qualified staff for Fall 2022 with the intention of adding at least two more sites beyond the current five. Our child care licenses are up-to-date in 13 additional buildings -- all we need is staff.
Join Our Friendly and Caring Team!
To attract and retain staff, we have increased pay rates for all positions, added benefits, and are offering a fall financial bonus. Schedules are flexible, with both part-time and full-time opportunities ranging from assistant to program director. Find out more on our employment opportunities page.
Three schedules are available for families:
*For full-time care, please register for both the AM and PM sessions.
- Full time - AM and PM 5 days/week
- AM only - 5 days/week
- PM only - 5 days/week
As an organization, we must balance paying employees a competitive wage and benefits with keeping the prices affordable for families. Fees for the 2022-23 school year will increase to offer a higher base pay for all positions, provide benefits, and give fall retention bonuses.
Assistance for Program Fees
Programs are available to families needing financial assistance who meet income eligibility requirements:
- The Michigan Tri-Share Program, coordinated locally by the Child Care Network. More information here.
- The Childcare Network has a family support program. More information here.
- The Rec & Ed Scholarship Program offers tens of thousands of dollars of fee waivers to families each year. We offer 25%, 50% and 75% fee waivers to those who apply and qualify. Families may apply for the standard scholarship at any time. This scholarship requires additional documentation. The free & reduced scholarship application for the 2022-2023 school year will become available in mid-August.
Extended Day Program - After School Enrichment Classes and Programs
Rec & Ed's Extended Day Program includes after school classes that run until 5:00 or 5:30 p.m. one day per week for 6-12 weeks. Classes include art, drama, science, chess, sports, and more. For more information regarding after school enrichment classes for fall 2022, check aarecedonline.com in mid-August. Interested in offering an after school class? Visit the Apply to Teach page.
Before/After Care Contacts
Rec & Ed Office: 734-994-2300Regular Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday
Zachary Brannock Supervisor x53208 email@example.com Danielle Augsburger Site Specialist II x53106 firstname.lastname@example.org Emily Baker Site Specialist x53975 email@example.com Amy Hepp Office Professional x53253 firstname.lastname@example.org