AttendanceTo Report an Absence or Tardy, call 994-4327.When reporting an absence please include the following information:
- Student's full name (spell out the last name)
- Student's ID number
- Symptoms if absent for illness
- Exact time and day of absence(s)
All members of the Huron High School community are responsible for making attendance procedures work effectively. The Attendance Policy supports teaching and learning through continuity in the classroom.
The procedure for excusing a student’s absence requires that parents/guardians must notify the Attendance Office within 24 hours of the day that the student is absent. A phone call is required to excuse a student’s absence. NOTES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The Student's Duty is to:
- Be in the classroom when the second bell rings.
- Make arrangements with their teacher to make up work upon return from an excused absence.
- Know their attendance record.
- Attend all classes unless excused by a parent or guardian, are excused by a school-sponsored activity (e.g., AWAY athletic game)
- Inform their teacher of the excused absence ahead of time, and complete assignments beforehand, if possible.
- Complete and submit a Pre-Planned Absence Form to their grade level principal for extended absences, for approval.