Volunteer with AAPS!
AAPS Strategic Partnership Volunteers
AAPS welcomes people from our local community looking to help students by offering their skills, talents and time.
- View Current Volunteer Opportunities.
- Interested in Volunteering? Fill out the Volunteer Interest Form.
- U-M Students, Staff and Student Groups: Go here
- Are you a parent who wants to volunteer at your child's school? Please contact the school directly
- 2019-2020 AAPS Volunteer Guide
Who can be a Volunteer?
Volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and include retired teachers, college students, employees from local businesses, and much more.What is the time commitment?
Volunteers can commit to as much as once a week or as little as once a year.
Ways volunteers can help
- Work with a teacher in a classroom setting
- Participate in one-time events.
- Be a career role model
- Conduct a donation drive
- Learn more about these opportunites
AAPS Volunteer Guide
This guide is for current AAPS Volunteers.
Other Important Things to Know about Volunteering at AAPSFrequent volunteers must undergo a background check and orientation prior to volunteering.We will place frequent volunteers in late September to early October. After that time, we will close the placement window for frequent volunteers and open it up again in January.
We cannot guarentee you will be asked to volunteer at a school after you complete this process.
Are you an employer/business that wants to get involved with AAPS? Learn more about our Strategic Partnership Program.
Questions? Contact Nancy Shore, Strategic Partnership and Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org