Volunteer with AAPS!
AAPS Community Volunteer Program
AAPS welcomes people from our local community looking to help our students by offering their skills, talents and time.
Who can be a Community Volunteer?
Community volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and include retired teachers, college students, employees from local business, and much more.
Ways Community Volunteers Can Help
We have a number of opportunities for Community Volunteers to work with our students including:
- Work in a Classroom Setting: assist a classroom teacher, specials teacher, English Language Teacher and more.
- Provide Assistance with one-time School Events: supporting schools by volunteering for one-time events such as a disability awareness day, school beautification day and more.
- Conduct or Help out with Donation Drives: providing needed items to students and teachers at our schools or helping us as we distribute these items to our schools.
- Be a Career role model to students: speaking to students about your career, volunteering for a one-time career-related event, judging a engineering, business, marketing or culinary arts competition and more.
What is the Time Commitment?
The time commitment varies, depending on the opportunity. Volunteers can commit to as much as volunteering once a week or as little as once a year. We will provide you with the opportunities that best fit your availability.How to Become a Community Volunteer for the 2019-20 School Year
- July/August: Fill out the volunteer interest form. This form will be available in July/August. If you want us to email you when the form is live, please email us.
- August/September: Attend an information session to learn more about volunteering at AAPS. Session dates coming soon.
- August/September: Classroom volunteers will be asked to undergo a background check and orientiation prior to volunteering in the classroom.
- October: We will match Community Volunteers to opportunities.
Please note: We cannot guarentee you will be asked to volunteer after you complete this process. Placement of volunteers depends on opportunities available.
Interested in Volunteering With AAPS this Summer?
Are you a parent who wants to volunteer at your child's school?
Please contact the school directly so they can assist you. Here is a link to school contact information.
Are you a U-M Student or U-M Student Group?
Are you an employer/business that wants to get involved with AAPS?
Learn more about our Strategic Partnership Program here.
Questions? Contact Nancy Shore, Strategic Partnership and Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org