AAPS Strategic Partnership Volunteers
Do you have experience teaching, tutoring, mentoring or with English Language learners?
AAPS is currently looking for volunteers with these skills to volunteer virtually with AAPS students during the 2020-2021 School Year.
Please note that all opportunities will be virtual only.
Our current priority is volunteer opportunities that support students academic learning.
We will be placing volunteers for 2021 starting in January.
Interested in Volunteering?
- View Current Volunteer Opportunities.
- View the 2020-2021 AAPS Volunteer Guide
- U-M Students, Staff and Student Groups: Go here
- Are you a parent who wants to volunteer at your child's school? Please contact the school directly
- Any U-M Affiliated individual or group or any organization interested in frequent virtual engagement with AAPS will also be asked to complete a virtual Volunteer checklist before volunteering.
- We will not start the volunteer placement process until January/February
- All volunteers must clear a background check.
- Completing the Volunteer Interest Form does not guarentee you will be able to volunteer at AAPS.
Who can be a Volunteer?
Volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds and include retired teachers, college students, employees from local businesses, and much more.What is the time commitment?
We are currently looking for volunteers that can commit to at least 3 months of volunteering.
Ways volunteers can help
- Work with a teacher in a classroom setting
- Participate in one-time events.
- Be a career role model
- Conduct a donation drive
- Learn more about these opportunites
AAPS Volunteer Guide
2020-2021 Volunteer GuideOther Important Things to Know about Volunteering at AAPSFrequent volunteers must undergo a background check and orientation prior to volunteering.We will place frequent volunteers in September/October and in January/February.
We cannot guarentee you will be asked to volunteer at a school after you complete this process.
Are you an employer/business that wants to get involved with AAPS? Learn more about our Strategic Partnership Program.
Questions? Contact Nancy Shore, Strategic Partnership and Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org